Author Topic: How to display username  (Read 70 times)

happy

• Prime Member
How to display username
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:55:38 AM »
Hello Maverick, Good Evening

After registration, on info_signup,html, I want to display username and f16 which is the user's full name

as you know in dsb_user_profiles, username is stored in _user and full name is stored in f16

Thank you for your help!

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: How to display username
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 05:41:44 AM »
You can't, info such as a user's own personal username can only be displayed on pages once they're logged in. The system can only identify a user once their account has been activated and they're logged in. Automatically passing along personal info such as a user's username without being logged in first could potentially create a serious security issue.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
In our website, once user registers, its auto activated.

As you know we can display user's email by output.email on info_signup.html

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 07:12:51 PM »
Activation of the account is only part of it, the system still needs to identify the user before their username can be displayed which can only be done by logging in first.

Just be sure to add the following text:

<p>Your account has been activated and is now ready to use. <br /><br /> Continue to the <a href="{tplvars.relative_url}login.php">login page</a> and begin using your account.</p>

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.