Author Topic: Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update  (Read 1655 times)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update
« on: January 16, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
It's been a long time coming (i know my bad :P) but we're almost there. Etano V3 is a turning point mainly as extends the lifespan of the script due to been compatible with newer versions of PHP. So, we're now heading into the next stage which is the public testing stage, by "public testing" i mean letting the Etano community test the script and report any issues or bugs. So heres the basics:

When is Etano V3 available for testing?
Expected availability is from 31st January 2020

How can i get a copy of Etano V3 to Test?
To get a copy of Etano V3 simply send me (KHDev) a private a message requesting it and i'll send you the download link once available.

Can i use Etano V3 in production (a live site)?
At this stage i recommend you test it privately (with a select number of people if you wish). Until this stage of testing is complete and the new version is declared stable and officially released its best to avoid using it on a live site. I don't want you exposing any issues or bugs to a larger audience.

Github Plans
I was planning on doing the testing phase via Github but that has been put on hold for the minute. Github can be abit daunting for newbies so i'll leave it until its released. Instead it will be handled privately by Private Message on the forum. 

What will be expected of Testers?
  • Install the script either in an online or offline environment (ideally online)
  • Test the script both as a member and as an admin
  • Report any issues or bugs to me (KHDev) via Private Message.

NOTE! Testing will be completely voluntary and you are free to abandon testing at any stage. You are not forced or in any way committed to providing feedback or bug reports.

IMPORTANT NOTES
1) Only the core script will be available during the testing stage (so no payment gateways or addons)
2) I (KHDev) will be leading the testing stage so any questions, bug reports ect.. should be sent to me (KHDev)

Any other questions about this phase then ask below or via PM.

Cheers
KHDev

skipper

• Prime Member
Re: Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »
A few questions so we can get prepared for the testing. I'm happy to see it coming soon and ready to help with the testing.

1. What are the server requirements going to be for the new script.

2. What php version will the script be able to handle since is goes up to 7.4 now.

3. Will the new script be responsive and come with a responsive skin, or will we have to use one of our skins we purchased for the earlier version of Etano, as i have one your skins, Vibex, and if so will these older skins work properly.

4. What type database will be best to use and requirements.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:25:08 AM »
Hi  :)

Great, thank you very much for everything you do!

I want to test the beta version online on php7.

I will send you a private message

Thanks

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »
A few questions so we can get prepared for the testing. I'm happy to see it coming soon and ready to help with the testing.

1. What are the server requirements going to be for the new script.
As it stands server requirements remain the same as the current version with the exception of php version and PDO Support for DB

2. What php version will the script be able to handle since is goes up to 7.4 now.
I will be running checks on compatibility during the test phase but for testers i'd recommend PHP 7.1

3. Will the new script be responsive and come with a responsive skin, or will we have to use one of our skins we purchased for the earlier version of Etano, as i have one your skins, Vibex, and if so will these older skins work properly.
Front-end - Responsive
Back-end  - Partial Responsive (Some elements suit tables but this could change before stable release)

As for previous skins they won't be compatible.

4. What type database will be best to use and requirements.

MySQL with PDO Driver (pretty standard with hosts now) - MariaDB should be fine (i use this)

xini757

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »

Something new about V3?

skipper

• Prime Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:20 PM »
What's the news on V3.0 , any good news, or still in the process.
 :grin: :P :D

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 11:44:49 AM »
How can i get a copy of Etano V3 to Test?
To get a copy of Etano V3 simply send me (KHDev) a private a message requesting it and i'll send you the download link once available.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 02:20:49 AM »
Hi KHDev

I have been waiting for the availability of Etano V3 for testing

Please update about availability of Etano V3 for testing

Regards

skipper

• Prime Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 11:57:44 AM »
Can we all get some kind of update to V3, or is this new update being canceled.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 01:49:53 AM »
May we know when is Etano V3 coming? its been a long wait.
Thanks

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 12:57:22 AM »
Hello there
any news about the new version  ?
thank's
Abo

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 10:45:29 PM »
Coronavirus ? that why there is no answer at all ?  :P

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
@Maverick, this time I am addressing this to you because I know you are the one we can trust and rely on through my past experience.
I have been waiting for Etano v3 for a long time because I wanted to start my new project with Etano v3. I can say with full conviction that Etano is much better then the paid similar scripts available.

I just want to know whether the new version is coming or not. If it is coming please let us know when.

I hope to hear from you.

Regards

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »
Unfortunately I can't say when the new version 3 will be released as the new upgraded version is something KHDev has chosen to undertake and is totally in his hands. I won't be involved with upgrades at least until the beta test version is released. I'm not sure why KHDev isn't posting updates as to it's progress or reasons for delays, but he did state awhile ago that it was close to being ready, so I'd guess that he's either run into a few snags that need to be sorted or he just hasn't had enough free time available to finish it up yet.

Keep in mind that the Etano script is an open source project provided totally free of charge and all work that KHDev (and myself) do on the project has been purely voluntary and done in our spare time. I know it's been a long wait for the new version but we'll just have to try and be patient and hope that the wait won't be too much longer.

Also keep mind that the initial release will be a beta test version and will likely take several months or more before it's declared an official release stable enough to use on a live site.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »
@Maverick Thank you very much for reply

Now there is more clarity

I have a suggestion, like premium  skins, make payment system a paid addon

Regards