Author Topic: The New Etano  (Read 375 times)

skipper

• Prime Member
The New Etano
« on: January 01, 2020, 09:52:45 AM »
 I am just wondering if there are plans to start a new Forum or Subforum for the new Etano coming soon. I think keeping everything separated from the two different styles would be most helpful for the community here so there are no confusion with the old and new scripts. Happy New Year Everybody.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
Re: The New Etano
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 04:22:33 PM »
Hi,

Currently while testing i plan on handling everything via github to avoid cluttering the current forum. I will confirm details on the topic i post on the 15th.

i'll be reaching out to Maverick in the next week or so to discuss the best way forward.

Happy New Year Everyone!

KHDev

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 04:44:56 PM »
At some point before an official release KHDev and myself will discuss and collaborate on what we feel will be the best methods in which to add the new version.

The new version will primarily be an updated version of the existing script to make it PDO and PHP 7 compatible. Yes there will also be a few new enhancements and features added, just like there has been with previous versions (such as versions 1 and versions 2, etc.). Although this version upgrade is a major rewrite to the back-end, it's still built on the same core foundation and principles as previous versions of Etano.

By retaining info regarding all versions together in the forums allows visitors to see how Etano script has evolved and progressed over the years.

The new version will likely be called Etano Version 3.0 to distinguish it from version 2 as being a significant or major upgrade, same as version 2 was from version 1.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

skipper

• Prime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:43:08 AM »
 I am sure what ever is decided will be the best for Etano. As i have stated before, this is one of the best and easiest scripts for any project you could ask for, even though i am not a master at php or anything else, but i can find files within this script as it is easy to follow and work with. I have used many others and most are just not easy to work with or even to add or change things within as Etano has been. Yes .. let's all work together and bring out the best for this project, with added features and updates, this will be the best out there for all. 

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 01:38:50 AM »
Hi every one and happy new year :)
Can't wait for the new version ...

sezar

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 08:21:41 AM »
we need the feel and design to look modern, because it look like it was made 100 years ago LOL

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 10:52:18 AM »
The new version will have a responsive design by default.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

skipper

• Prime Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »
 Is there any news on the new version update since there has not been any response with the other postings of this. I know it's a lot of work and time consuming project, and testing , but we just want to know how things are going with the new version. Maybe some help is needed or maybe something some of us can do to help out.

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »
+1  :)