Author Topic: Pending Blog Comments  (Read 246 times)

abo

• Prime Member
Pending Blog Comments
« on: May 20, 2019, 11:22:59 PM »
Hello everybody

I would like to know if it is possible that the visitors post comments on these blogs but that these comments are subjected to validation by the administrator before diffusion on the site ? And if it : how can I manage that please ?

And how can I do to have the latest blogs shown firts instead of the oldet on the admin/blog_results.php please ?
Thank you
Abo

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Pending Blog Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:38:01 AM »
In the Admin "Features and Options" section you can set it so comments require approval by the administrator, however it's not specific to just blog comments but to ALL comments to member profiles, photos as well as blogs.

To do this you would check the following in the "Features and Options" section:
Code: [Select]
Comments to profiles, photos, blogs require manual approval from an administrator before being displayed on site?
As for allowing comments by visitors (non-members), this can be accomplished in the admin "Access Levels" section by checking the "write_comments" under the Non Member column. It's important to note that doing this isn't recommended and is a bad idea as all the auto spam bots will eventually be attempting to post comments all over your site and open a door that could possibly even lead to the bots figuring out a means in which to bypass admin approval.

And how can I do to have the latest blogs shown firts instead of the oldet on the admin/blog_results.php please ?
Sorry I have no answer for this issue.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:44:36 AM »
Thank you Maverick ... I understand ... so I leave it this way :)
I'ts too bad that the visitors canno't write any comment the admin would validate or not before being published on the site

abo

• Prime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 02:31:57 AM »
By the way, I can't find "Comments to profiles, photos, blogs require manual approval from an administrator before being displayed on site?"  in the "Features and Options" section ....
I'm using Etano 2.1