Author Topic: Show uid on custom page  (Read 23 times)

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
Show uid on custom page
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
Is it possible to show the unique member uid for that particular member who is logged in at any custom page I've created?

To explain in detail what I mean. I've created an instruction page for members who want to pay offline with bank transfer or whatever.
Now it's my idea to show those members their unique uid on that instruction page to give them the option to use their unique member uid as reference when they make a money transaction.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Show uid on custom page
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 03:34:14 AM »
No you can't display the member's UID number, you can only display the member's "username". It may be possible but would require doing a bunch of custom coding which I'm not prepared to do.

Displaying a member's UID on the site was dropped in the script years ago and instead was replaced by displaying the member's username because so many people requested and preferred it over displaying a member's UID number.

To upgrade a membership you'd also need to search for the member in the admin by their username, not by their UID number.

In the HTML of your custom page you can display a member's username using the following code:
Code: [Select]
"<strong>{tplvars.myself.user}</strong>"

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
Re: Show uid on custom page
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
Understand it's far more complicated as it seems to be. Thanks for helping out.