Author Topic: Peculiar profile visibility issue  (Read 118 times)

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Peculiar profile visibility issue
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:44:37 AM »
In some of my etano community portals, which has members below 100 facing issue of profile visibility. That is we granted permission to view some profile field categories of profile like Basic Info, Life style, Home life by everyone (non-members, free-members) and some profile field categories are visible only to approved members.

But the permission granted profile fields and categories are not visible for both non-members and free members as permission assisigned. Even Approved members are also unable to see the profile fields even after login.

When we go to profile fields and categories section in admin and if we click the SAVE button, then all users are able to see the profile fields in proper way . I have to do this SAVE OPTION every day - or else the next day it wont be visible to members.  I checked cron jobs it is working fine.

I cant understand what is wrong with my portal and where i am held up

HELP PLEASE.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Peculiar profile visibility issue
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
Did you try regenerating your categories?

Be sure to carefully read the documentation regarding the use of categories...
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=admin:setup#profile_categories

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Re: Peculiar profile visibility issue
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:49:58 AM »
No. Same Categories are maintained for the past 2 Years. If we SAVE CHANGES in the admin, then profiles fields are visibile for 1  or 2 days. Again same invisibility problem starts. The categories are visible ever and only profile fields are missing often and when we go do admin and SAVE CHANGES - then it becomes alright. So now every 24 hours i am doing SAVE CHANGES in admin