Author Topic: UTF - 8 Language - How to use it in profile fields  (Read 140 times)

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
UTF - 8 Language - How to use it in profile fields
« on: July 07, 2018, 09:44:47 AM »
In Etano - when we try to add a profile field with a different lanuage - it does not work correctly and the out put results in machine language.

Example in a profile field when we enter the LABEL NAME in different language its visible correctly and when we provide multiple or single access level values in the same language it result like
%u0BA8%u0BBE%u0BA9%u0BCD

How to come out of this issue ? The default local language for this skin is English (us)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: UTF - 8 Language - How to use it in profile fields
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
If indic characters are being used it can cause separation issues with characters and you land up with weird machine code with percentages (%) in them. I think you may have to include additional Unicode besides UTF-8 that provides support for indic characters. To support hindi characters it's suggested that your MySQL database collation needs to be set to "utf8_unicode_ci". This should be the first thing you look into and try, I'm not sure if some changes to the PHP code might also be required as well. I really don't know enough about languages of this type to offer any concrete suggestions on what needs to be actually done.

You may need to seek assistance from someone that understands your language and what additional Unicode needs to be implemented.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.