Author Topic: Examples of Live Etano Websites?  (Read 157 times)

TraderJoe

• Prime Member
Examples of Live Etano Websites?
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:25 PM »
I go back so far that I actually paid for Etano before it was free many years ago, and never used it.  This is my first time posting in the forum in a very long time too.

Are many people out there in the world using Etano?  Are there good examples of live Etano websites?  I was thinking of actually using Etano a bit after all these years and wanted to find out how it is doing in the world and what some active sites are like.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
Re: Examples of Live Etano Websites?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 10:53:42 AM »
Can't say many people share their sites and there's no tracking of active installs.

I personally am working on a PDO/PHP7 version which will come with multiple improvements along with a brand new look but that's still in the development stages.

Hopefully once we have a PDO/PHP7 version more people will use and showcase etano :)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »
With the Dating and SN industry being so competitive not too many people want to showcase their sites because they don't want others stealing their ideas or customizations, and they also don't want it publicly known what script they're using.

I really can't blame them for not wanting to expose their sites to potential competitors or even hackers and is the main reason the Etano script no longer has any "powered by" or "copyright" in the footer that links back to Etano or Datemill. This makes your site a tad more secure from hackers who are searching for sites that utilize a particular script.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

TraderJoe

• Prime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
Thanks, folks.  Yes I do have to agree with such sentiments, but was just hoping there were a few who had them out in the open.  Would be encouraging to see it really does the job for people.  Your project definitely sounds intriguing, KHDev, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.