Author Topic: New members unverified showing in results  (Read 359 times)

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
New members unverified showing in results
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:09:03 AM »
Hello,

On my site the new registrations are validated by the members themselves and those who are not verified appears in the list of members ... what to do to remedy this?

I have this in member.class :
Code: [Select]
$query="SELECT a.`fk_user_id`,UNIX_TIMESTAMP(a.`last_changed`) as `last_changed` FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_profiles` a WHERE a.`_photo`='' AND a.`del`=0 AND a.`status`=".STAT_APPROVED." ORDER BY a.`date_added` DESC";
Exemple for member not verified, in the table user_profiles for status, i have 15 and in the table user_accounts for status, i have 10

Make a left join with the table user_accounts? how to do ?

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: New members unverified showing in results
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 06:21:53 AM »
The system will show all members in search results including unverified members, the only way to have members not show in searches is to either delete or suspend their account, suspended accounts have a status of 5.

The system auto deletes unverified member accounts after so many days which can be set in the admin "Features and Options" section.

I've looked into it and unfortunately I'm really not sure how to change it so unverified members don't show in search results, but I don't think it will have any to do with making edits in the member class file.

Typically having unverified members show in search results hasn't been a concern as it makes their site appear more active with more members.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:49:54 AM »
Yes I put the purge to 1 day but it's a lot because I have a large community and people register with email addresses of their old friends so while waiting for the auto delete purge(1 day), they receive notifications of private messages in addition to having received the email of validation which says that it is necessary to do nothing if it is not them ....

Otherwise we put in minutes instead of day in the configuration of the purge in the cron for cron/jobs/d/1purges.php , no ?

Thank you Maverick

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »
Otherwise we put in minutes instead of day in the configuration of the purge in the cron for cron/jobs/d/1purges.php , no ?
I'm not sure what you would do to change the time to minutes instead of day.

So some people start getting some notifications about messages before they've had a chance to confirm and verify their account, I don't see this as a problem, it should be considered a good thing as it shows someone is already interested in their profile and make them want to to verify their account so they can see the messages. If they have no intentions or interest of actually completing their registration by verifying their account the notifications will stop after their account has been purged from the system, after just one day.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 11:40:10 AM »
I did not speak well with my English, sorry

I'm talking about people who did not want to register on the site so unwanted registrations ...

Example: I register by creating a female account using the address of a former girlfriend ... and as Guys jump directly on the profiles of women so suddenly the person who never wished will receive full mails of notifications of private messages + a mail account creation ... a person has used his email to take revenge from her ...

I received 2-3 complaints because of that ....

Well it does not matter, I give up

Thanks anyway

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »
It's difficult to try and deal with unscrupulous people such those that create accounts on dating or SN sites using an email of someone they know just to harass or aggravate them. For as infrequent as this occurs it's really not worth spending the time and effort trying to come up with feasible means in which to try and combat it.

I'd suggest maybe also including some additional info in the confirmation email in regards to if they didn't register then possibly someone they know registered using your email just as annoyance and if they ignore the email and don't click the confirmation link in the email, the account will be automatically purged from our system within 24 hours and you will no longer receive any further notifications regarding this account.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »
Ok for including some additional info in the confirmation email

Thank you