Author Topic: Login with email  (Read 390 times)

happy

• Prime Member
Login with email
« on: March 26, 2018, 01:02:02 AM »
Hi Maverick

I want member to login with email instead of username because its easier for a member.

Actually i hired a programmer a year back and he did this by changing just one word (i think he changed user to email) in processor/login.php or some other file i do not remember now but unfortunately i lost those files

Could you help in this issue

And have you come up with a solution to pagination error

Thank you

happy

• Prime Member
Re: Login with email
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:55:42 AM »
Hi Maverick

Could you please respond

Thanks

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »
I've been real busy lately but I have spent some time looking into trying to make the login so that users can login with either their username or email, but so far I haven't come up with a good solution, if and when I do I'll let you know.

Since Etano is a free open source project it relies on contributors to at least try to help out as there's just some areas in which I have limited knowledge or skills. It's difficult to attract skilled programmers or contributors to open source projects, occasionally people do come along and contribute to the project in some capacity (which is much needed and appreciated) but it tends to be rather limited and sporadic. I try to devote as much of my free as possible to manage and work on the project as well as provide support, but sometimes it can be a bit demanding and overwhelming, and it's just unrealistic to expect that I'm capable of doing or knowing everything.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »
Hi Maverick

I understand and respect your decision

About pagination error I mean pagination error on frontend member search results.

About login with email i am sure you will come up with solution as i said it took my programmer just 10 minutes to solve it.

Please take your time

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34:03 PM »
About pagination error I mean pagination error on frontend member search results.
I'm not aware of any errors or issues with the pagination on the frontend, as far as I know that's never been a problem.

About login with email i am sure you will come up with solution as i said it took my programmer just 10 minutes to solve it.
Well unfortunately I only have moderate php programming skills so some things can be a bit of a challenge for me. I also want to make it so that users can login with either their username or email which would be much better, but apparently it's also a bit more complicated. I've even tried running the existing login code by some php programmers but so far any suggestions they've offered hasn't worked very well.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:04:09 PM »
My current pagination is like

$accepted_results_per_page=array(100=>100,25=>25,15=>15,10=>10,5=>5); on  defines.inc.php

If go to next page it fetches the same page again, does not go to next page 101 to 200 members.

I want to show 50 members on each page (on frontend)

any suggestion?

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:39:14 PM »
Changing the number of results to show is site wide including the admin.

If you want to show 50 members per page change the first 2 numbers which will be the default.

$accepted_results_per_page=array(50=>50,25=>25,15=>15,10=>10);

Attempting to display 100 per page may be too much for your server or database to handle all at once, even 50 is still a fair amount. The more you display all at once, the more resources it consumes.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »
I just remembered something, about a month ago you wanted to allow multiple accounts to use the same email address:
http://forum.datemill.com/index.php?topic=4982.msg22530#msg22530

If that's the case how are users going to be able to login using just their email?

In order to login using an email, each email will need to be unique and assigned to just one individual account.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »
Hi Maverick

Yes Maverick that was needed for a different website with a different concept where only one user was required to post multiple articles like multiple profiles.

Login with email is needed for general members based website for which Etano is mainly intended for.

Thanks