Author Topic: Passwords do not match  (Read 700 times)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Passwords do not match
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 09:22:51 AM »
Since nobody else has reported having this error in their logs, I have to assume the error was produced when using 5.6 and is complaining that there's no default value for "reject_reason" as there is no default value. The script provides an option to type in a reason for rejecting something (such as a profile or photo, etc) so the user knows the reason why it was rejected and can possibly remedy it or not do it again. When using 5.6 if you left the reason blank it probably complained about it.

Irregardless this error is nothing critical and should just be cleared from the logs.

For the most part Etano will seem to run just fine in 5.6 but it processes and parses certain things much differently and you land up coming across various things in the script that doesn't seem to function properly.

There are some users that insist that Etano runs and functions just fine in php 5.6, but sooner or later they land up complaining about something not working properly.

There are other well known CMS scripts where if you have a bit of a legacy version written for php 5.5 or less they won't run at all in 5.6, your site goes blank and just displays parsing errors on the screen, and your site is down until you figure out how to remedy the issue.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

jmonroe

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
I am currently moving to a different host from Godaddy. Godaddy doesn't allow as much freedom as I need for various scripts I run. STRICT_Trans tables is one of them and this causes a lot of issues like this as well with no default in a table etc....

Once everything propagates to new hosting account, I will update with any new results. Currently importing db's and setting up emails and such on new account while awaiting the domain nameservers to take effect.

Thanks

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »
I believe strict mode came into effect as being the default in MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 which often causes issues with many scripts out there and creates headaches for users trying to get strict mode turned off, some hosts will turn it off for you and others won't.

It all comes down to finding good hosting with decent support, which often isn't easy. 

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

jmonroe

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 08:43:26 PM »
Godaddy will only give you the option to turn it off or on if you get VPS hosting. Shared hosting with them is very limited to only changing php version and enabling/disabling modules

jmonroe

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2018, 10:56:30 AM »
I have made the transition to new hosting. Many sites are working better now than before on Godaddy. Etano as well. It allowed me to go through the full registration process and let me describe what I look like and who I live with and sent the confirmation email...unlike before. I clicked on the link and it activated the account. So registration process is 100% now. However, in admin, it still isn't working with member search or any of the others. Only activity log and live log displays the members and their activity. Statistics and member search yields nothing.

I believe strict mode came into effect as being the default in MySQL 5.6 or 5.7 which often causes issues with many scripts out there and creates headaches for users trying to get strict mode turned off, some hosts will turn it off for you and others won't.

It all comes down to finding good hosting with decent support, which often isn't easy.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
You may need to clear out your "cache2" folder as it may contain old or irrelevant content when you were running php 5.6 and it wasn't getting generated properly which may cause some members not to appear on the site or it's searches.

To clean it out, delete everything in the "cache2" folder (except for the blank index.html file) and then regenerate your skins in the admin. It sometimes may take a little while for it to fully populate again.

Also be sure to read the info about managing your site in the online documentation.
 http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=managing_your_etano_site

As for the stats, as I mentioned before you will just have to wait a day or 2 for the cron job to regenerate it, trying to manually run the cron jobs rarely works for this, you just have to be patient and let the script do it's job.

jmonroe

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
Cache2 is already empty except for the index.html file thats about 30bytes.

I will go read up on the link you gave. Never had this issue before. May have to start over again with new installation. I have everything backed up so nothing would be lost.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
When you regenerate your skin it should populate the "cache2" folder with some folders for members, if it doesn't then there's something wrong. After you regenerate your skins and no folders or anything gets added to the "cache2" folder, try checking your admin error logs for any new errors.

jmonroe

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 06:19:02 PM »
Cache2 has folders now...and statistics show 1 user and 12 logins 1 basic search. Members still doesn't bring up anyone neither does awaiting approval link

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
I don't know why you're not getting any search results for members in the admin, I just tested it on the last 3 versions of Etano on my local wamp server and it's working fine for me. Maybe try adding one more member, I can't recall ever testing it with just one member, theoretically having just one member shouldn't be an issue but I can't say for sure.

I've also tested for things that need approval, such as posting new comments and uploading new photos, which is also working for me. Items that need manual approval show up in your admin "home page".

Keep in mind that changes to profiles that are preset selections don't require approval.

Clicking the "awaiting approval" link in the members section is only for new accounts that require manual approval.

jmonroe

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »
I am still using 5.6 on my new hosting provider. I am seeing people sign up now and showing up in the members search. However, the 2 members I signed up never did show up. Not sure if maybe its something to do with recognizing my ip address for each member I created. Either way, it seems to be functioning correctly now. It also shows the members when I am signed in as a user and do a member search. However, if you click on one of the members that comes up in the search, it brings you to the link www.mysite.com/username and produces a 404 error:

Not Found

The requested URL /oblib13 was not found on this server.

Also, statistics now shows correct member count even though my 2 users I created do not show up in the admin backend search.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »
www.mysite.com/username and produces a 404 error:

Not Found

The requested URL /oblib13 was not found on this server.
Make sure you have your profile URL's configured properly in the .htaccess file.
Depending on your server you may have to make some adjustments.
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=profile_url_s

jmonroe

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
Thanks Mav! That worked. I used this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)$ profile.php?user=$1 [L]
</IfModule>

I am going to delete the 2 users I created and then recreate one of them and see if I have any other issues. So far, everything seems to be working correctly. Greatly appreciate all the help. Still wish KHDev was still onboard as well.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
Yes, KHDev was a good contributor, but most never stick around for very long. KHDev has decided he wants to only focus on coding and is still supposedly attempting to make Etano PHP 7 compatible, which is a major rewrite to the script and the last contact I had with him a couple months ago he was still working on it and making progress, just have to wait and see what happens.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to attract skilled programmers or anyone willing to contribute to open source projects as there's really nothing in it for them.

jmonroe

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
I wish I knew more about coding than I do. I am a designer trying to learn code. I can break it apart and fix some things, but never could write from scratch except in html from when internet was first introduced.