Author Topic: Convert & to &  (Read 222 times)

happy

• Prime Member
Convert & to &
« on: February 12, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »
Hi

1. In some profile fields there & used

Problem is on frontend it shows & instead of &

How to convert & to & in search.html and profile.html files

2. One more issue, on profile.html multiple user photos are displayed, I want

{output.caption} on each photo like on photo_view.html

Please guide

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Convert & to &
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 05:34:29 AM »
I'm not sure why you're having problems with & converting to &, it's always worked fine for me, and I'm not aware of anyone else who has reported having this issue.

Possible reasons:

- The user must type in just & into the field and the script handles the encoding for special characters. If they type in the encoded version & into the field it will then show as &.

- If your PHP version is 5.6 or higher it may not convert special characters properly as it's encoded in the script.

- Your database isn't using the proper collation which should be MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Can't help you with adding captions to photos on the profile page. This would require various code modifications, but the biggest issue will be how to format the layout so captions display in a tidy manner if some captions happen to be much longer than others, which is going to be difficult as it will tend to lack conformity and aesthetic appeal when displaying multiple photos which have captions that vary in length.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
Re: Convert & to &
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:19:43 PM »
Yes I am running etano in PHP 5.6

Thanks for your response.