Author Topic: Facebook Tracking Pixel  (Read 299 times)

cupid

• Confirmed Member
Facebook Tracking Pixel
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:39:50 PM »
Does anyone know where / how to add the FB Pixel to track actions? For example, tracking how many people join my dating site or upgrade to a premium membership after I run FB ad campaign.

The Facebook tutorial says we should add to every page on our site between the <head> </head> meta tags but the Etano script uses frames and php. I want to add tracking to the join page and the upgrade page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Facebook Tracking Pixel
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »
Facebook tracking won't tell you if someone actually signs up, all it does is count a hit when someone lands on the join page.

It's just a javascript code therefore it should work if you place it anywhere within the page.

I would recommend to try and place it at the bottom of the skins_site/def/join.html file, you will see other javascript code there, just place it below that. The only drawback is that you won't get the pixel count if the user closes or leaves the page before it finishes loading. But it would be more advantageous to you if it only gets counted if the visitor sticks around long enough for the page to fully load, which means they are more likely to consider actually joining.

Of course Facebook recommends placing the code in the header as it allows Facebook to count a hit even if the page does not fully load, which is more advantages to Facebook as it can make your campaign stats appear slightly better than they actually are.

It might not work on the upgrade page as this is a members only page which isn't accessible to the public, but give it a shot anyway as it may still work if it's just sending out a count to Facebook and doesn't require Facebook to actually access the page. Just test it by going to the upgrade page and then check the stats in your Facebook Ad Manager.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.