Author Topic: Dash in username  (Read 1049 times)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Dash in username
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 12:16:16 PM »
When i use default skin dash in username works fine but when i change skin (Vibex) then dash in username is not accepted. I think the problem is in the skin.
As stated in the install instructions, there is no upgrade provided for 3rd party templates such as the Vibex theme. I sent a message to KHDev about a week ago suggesting that he upgrade his templates to accommodate the new BBcode features in Etano 2.6

The upgrade for templates mostly has to to do with formating the skin layout to accommodate the new BBcode features. It should have nothing to do with core files for making the dash function.

The problem is likely because the Vibex template installs and replaces the processors/join.php file which has changes to the regex preg_match code required for the dash to function.

I don't know how KHDev's templates are coded or what files are replaced so I can't really offer any help or support for them.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 12:17:09 AM »
Hi Maverick, could you guide me how can admin change member's username because we want to use dash in username for seo purpose.

Thanks

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 07:54:41 AM »
Usernames technically are not changeable.

Usernames are crucial identifiers throughout the site and are tied into various sections of the site, such as blogs and when they leave comments, etc.

It's cached in blog posts, comments, photos, messages, basically everywhere on the site.

You can only change a username manually directly in the database (dsb_user_accounts), but it should only be done if the user is brand new and with ... no posts, no messages, no photos, no nothing.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.