Author Topic: Adding Menus - Difference between frame.html and frame_general.html  (Read 300 times)

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
I would like to understand how frame.html and frame_general.html differs by functionality. Both has same codes up to some extend.  In addition i would like to know is there any specific css file supporting it?

Help appreciated.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Difference between frame.html and frame_general.html
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:34:46 AM »
The frame.html has a left menu, whereas the frame_general.html does not have a left menu and the content expands the full width, such as in the "tos" and "privacy" pages.

Most of the css for this is found in the content.css file, look for the following:

div.xlarge

div.large

#content_column1

#content_column2

To use the frame_general.html for a full width content page, you would need to assign (point) the frame_general.html in the PHP file for that page. And you'd need to also add the following css code to that page's css file, which is also included in the PHP file for that page.
Code: [Select]
#content_column1 {
float: none;
}
This overrides the "float left" assigned to the #content_column2 section of the content.css file.

Reference either the "tos" or "privacy" PHP and CSS files as a reference and guide.

Note: this is for the default template, if you're using a 3rd party template it may be slightly different.

Also try using your bowser's "Element Inspector" which will help you locate what CSS affects a particular element or section within a page. Go here for more info ... http://forum.datemill.com/index.php?topic=4537.0

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »
Thank you Mr. Maverick.

But my situation is to add a separate LOGOUT Button after user logged.  So i tried to add after the widget login in fame.html and fame_general.html   - its not successful because it is visible even if the user not logged in.

The hyperlink which i plan to add is (bootstrap) <a class="btn btn-warning" href="{tplvars.relative_url}processors/logout.php">Logout</a>

Can i try to add it in LOGIN WIDGET as a separate logout button instead of Account Dropdown ?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 06:06:13 AM »
It must be added in the skins_site\def\widgets\login\display.html file.

I don't know what template you're using but it should already be in there and you can change the look of the button by changing the button class to whatever you want.

The logout code in the skins_site\def\widgets\login\display.html file would look something like this:
<li><a href="{tplvars.relative_url}processors/logout.php" class="btn btn-warning btn-xs"><strong>Logout</strong></a></li>
Now here are the key elements:

The login and logout buttons are part of the Login Widget which are switched when logged in or logged out. The frame files should have the following widget code:
<!--widget="login"-->
In the skins_site\def\widgets\login\display.html file:

Everything included between these snips of code only appears when logged in (such as the My Account menu and the logout button).
<!--opt name="tplvars.user_logged"-->
<!--/opt name="tplvars.user_logged"-->

Everything included between these snips of code appears when logged out.
<!--opt name="!tplvars.user_logged"-->
<!--/opt name="!tplvars.user_logged"-->
Notice the explanation mark.
<!--opt name="!tplvars.user_logged"-->

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Sloved: Difference between frame.html and frame_general.html
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:50:12 AM »
Thanks again Mr. Maverick

It worked perfectly as i expected. Thanks a lot.