Author Topic: OT: This Account has been suspended.  (Read 104 times)

digitales

• Confirmed Member
OT: This Account has been suspended.
« on: December 11, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »
Tip: Stay away from $1 Hosting  :P

I was thinking, "hey, let's try", i asked the support before ordering for 5 min cron jobs and if the etano script  is ok, they told me "no problem".

Well...  This Account has been suspended. Support: " causing hoghspeed on server also it causes very high MySQL usage."

But i take it easy, i have all files and a new hoster already

Ciao raggazi  :D

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
Re: OT: This Account has been suspended.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 10:24:29 AM »

Sounds about right for cheap hosting.

If anyone is serious about their site they will use a decent hosting provider and hosting package.

Cheap hosting is usually only good for extremely light scripts with little or no traffic. Most people look for space and bandwidth which is where they'll "reel" you in which obviously is important but is no good if your package has minimum DB connections at anytime allowed.

digitales

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »
yes. good hosting for etano starts about $10/month

everything else will not work.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:06:33 AM »
KHDev is basically correct.

I've been asked many times on how many members can the Etano script handle. The answer is that the script itself can handle almost an unlimited amount as long you have enough storage space available. The real issue is how many simultaneous connections your server can actually handle, or allows. The amount of usable and accessible server resources you are alloted also plays a role.

Typically most shared hosting only allows 25 to 50 simultaneous connections. If you were to have say 100 visitors or members on line at once it would be unlikely if more than 25 of them would be requesting data from the database simultaneously, many of them will be taking time outs to read profiles or go fetch a drink.

Etano's cron jobs and caching system is also beneficial in helping helps to lift some of the load off the database which is the main bottleneck when serving data, which in turn can improve page loading times and also allow a few more simultaneous visitors on your site.

As your site grows you'll need to also upgrade your server and/or hosting plan to either a vps or dedicated server, or even multiple servers if you start to reach anywhere close to a million members. If your site has a 100,000 plus members, or more than 1000 simultaneous users at any given time, you're likely going to need a decent dedicated server which can cost anywhere from $100 - $500+ per month depending on the configuration, such as the number of processors, amount of ram, storage and bandwidth, etc.

You take heavier hitters like match.com, they have hundreds of servers to handle all the data requests. Many think that popular dating sites like match.com only allows members to search or browse their site for other members is nothing more than a tactic or ploy to get you to sign-up. In reality this is only partly true, it helps reduce the amount of simultaneous connections to their data, which in turn helps reduce the number of servers required. If they were to allow all the looky-loos and curiosity seekers to browse members on their site they would need to drastically increase the number of servers they presently have.

You may eventually want to consider doing the same thing. For example, if you have VSP hosting and more than 10,000 members, by allowing only members to search your site and view profiles cold help postpone the need to upgrade to a much more expensive dedicated server.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.