Author Topic: Only women profiles to show up on startpage  (Read 109 times)

digitales

• Confirmed Member
Only women profiles to show up on startpage
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »
hey etanos, it,s me again   :)

i work on a second site, and i need to have only woman profiles on the start page. the same for the photo search, blog search, new members and online members search: only woman should show up

i searched the forum, no results.

any idea?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Only women profiles to show up on startpage
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:54:39 PM »
You can have just women show up in widgets on the main start page by changing the widget code in the index.html file.

Look for widget code that looks something like this:
<!--widget="members(array('mode'=>'rand','area'=>'front','total'=>8))"-->

And to display just women replace it with this:
<!--widget="members(array('mode'=>'rand','area'=>'front','total'=>8,'cmp_field'=>'f1','cmp_to'=>'2'))"-->

Go to the online documentation for more info about customizing the random widget code:
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=rand_items_widget

To have only women to show up on the site and searches is going to be a challenge as the script is designed to display and search all members on the site. This is why you found very little in the datemill forums about showing just women. In over 10 years working with Etano you're the first I know of that has wanted to do this, dating sites are typically a 2 way street that shows profiles of all genders so either gender can search and find a potential person of interest.

Displaying or searching blogs isn't gender specific and would require custom coding to core files to try and accomplish.

Some of it can accomplished simply by removing some of the links to searches, for example if you're using the Plexi template and under "Photos" in the menu remove all the links except "Photos of Females". In the footer you'd also need to change the Browse Photos link so it uses the same link for browsing women as in the main menu. The edits would be made in the index, frame,  and general HTML files.

In the photo_search_left.html file you'd also want to remove the search box.

This may provide you with some idea on how to accomplish some of what you want. All I can provide is some hints as I don't have access to the Plexi template to provide more exact info.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

digitales

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »
thank you maverick for your reply

i replaced to code to <!--widget="members(array('mode'=>'rand','area'=>'front','total'=>8,'cmp_field'=>'f1','cmp_to'=>'2'))"-->

but it sends me to an error page (Sorry, there has been an error processing your request. Please try again or notify the webmaster about the problem. )

I checked the f1 fields, should be correct. hmm (edit: i could be a problem with the plexi theme)

and for the rest, yes, i will do it that way, i just remove the search links.

and yes, it's a special site. only men searching girls :) and the girls are cheap. not. (to be clear, it all legal)

edit 2: now it works! played with the code: <!--widget="members(array('area'=>'front','mode'=>'new','total'=>8,'cmp_field'=>'f1','cmp_to'=>'2'))"-->

now the newest female member are displayed, right? any chance to change it, to display selected members?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »
edit 2: now it works! played with the code: <!--widget="members(array('area'=>'front','mode'=>'new','total'=>8,'cmp_field'=>'f1','cmp_to'=>'2'))"-->

now the newest female member are displayed, right? any chance to change it, to display selected members?

It's displaying the newest members because you changed the code from "rand" to "new".

You've only got 2 choices "rand" or "new", (rand stands for random) if you got an error page using rand then it's probably because you don't have the Random Items Widget Mod installed.
Refer to the documentation:
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=rand_items_widget

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

digitales

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
i see.

there a a few other problems to solve, i guess i will hire someone.

thank you, maverick