Author Topic: Ftp path error on installation  (Read 104 times)

Xniceo

• Confirmed Member
Ftp path error on installation
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
I get a "ftp is connected but path is invalid error" while trying to install.
My path: /var/www/my-site.com/public_html/Products/
Please help.
Do I need to chmod the directories?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Ftp path error on installation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 03:47:01 AM »
When you install Etano, the script tries to detect which FILEOP_MODE your server uses or allows, there's 2 possibilities, FTP or DISK modes.

If you have a lot members FTP mode isn't recommended as it's slower than DISK mode and might time out when regenerating a large cache, which could be the cause of the slow load times you're experiencing.

You check what mode you're using by looking in your includes/defines.inc.php file.  (you need to check the defines file on your server, not the one in the Etano install package as no server info has been written to it. The info in the defines file is created during the install process.)

If it's in DISK the following lines will look like this:
===============================
define('_FILEOP_MODE_','disk');
define('_FTPHOST_','');
define('_FTPPATH_','');
define('_FTPUSER_','');
define('_FTPPASS_','');

In DISK mode the 4 extra lines are left blank. If your host allows DISK mode (recommended mode) then use these settings in your defines file.

If it's in FTP the following lines will look like this:
define('_FILEOP_MODE_','ftp');
define('_FTPHOST_','');
define('_FTPPATH_','');
define('_FTPUSER_','');
define('_FTPPASS_','');

In FTP mode the 4 last lines will need to have other info such as host name, the path, and also the FTP user and password info. If your host only allows FTP mode then they will have to supply you with the appropriate info.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Xniceo

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
Thx, this looks good, im going to try now. i had another question, i got it installed on my godaddy server, (the prior question is for my own linux server )in the admin section, i can only set-up basic functions, i can not access any other option in the "Feature and Options" section.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
In the "Feature and Options" section, the other options toggle and expand using javascript, if they aren't expanding check to make sure that this javascript isn't missing:

admin/js/site_options.js?v=10

If it's installed and still won't toggle and expand, check to make sure your browser allows javascripts to run, try another browser if necessary and see if it works then.

Also check the admin error logs and see if there are any permission issues.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Xniceo

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
i have a file site_option.js but not site_optionjs?v=10

there are no logs for errors.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:08:27 PM »
Technically site_option.js is the correct file.

If that file is there it should be working. Without any error messages I have no idea what else could be causing the issue. It's not something anyone as reported before as being a problem.

About all I can suggest is maybe uploading all the files again in the admin folder, or try another browser to see if it makes a difference.