Author Topic: Using "flirt" for a different purpose?  (Read 111 times)

johninbc

Using "flirt" for a different purpose?
« on: August 18, 2017, 03:38:06 PM »
I am using the Etano script for a non-dating type of community connection site and would like to see if I can use the "flirt" option for a reputation feedback purpose?
I have clients connecting with solution providers using this script, and "flirts" aren't really appropriate, though the concept is awesome.

Also, if I may ask, are the flirts persistent, ie build up and get displayed on the users profile?
If not, this would be an excellent addition not only for the dating aspect the script was written for but also for those of us that find alternative uses for it.

Any chance there is a way to rename the "flirt" system and variables to something like "reputation" without breaking the site?
Or...
Any chance of a reputation option being added?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Using "flirt" for a different purpose?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 04:11:48 PM »
Removing or disabling the flirts would need to be done manually and would be a fair bit of work.

Flirts are not displayed on user's profile pages, flirts are intended to be personal and private.

It's possible to rename the "flirt" to something else.
In the admin >> Skin Settings >> click the translate link. Here you will need to edit the word "flirt" in multiple places. Use your browser's "Find" feature (usually under the "edit" menu) and type "flirt" and locate each instance of the word "flirt" in the "String" field column and edit accordingly.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.