Author Topic: Etano PHP 7 compatibility with PDO extension testing  (Read 150 times)

blueeyeddevil

Etano PHP 7 compatibility with PDO extension testing
« on: August 13, 2017, 06:32:59 PM »
Maybe I will take a look at Etano's old code base and will refactor it to work with PDO and PHP 7 which is much faster than PHP 5. Therefore I am looking for some testers.
What I expect from testers is:
- creating accounts
- behave like a normal users
- trying to break the things
- try all possible and impossible scenarios
- behave like dumb users
- behave like aged users
- behave like wannabe hackers or script kiddies
- ability to document every step they made to find a bug so I will be able to replicate it.

Testing can be boring and time consuming process as all scenarios are required to be repeated again and again till error log is completely free.
Even all is properly tested, the change of server environment may trigger new bugs or issues, or eventually break some functionality. Therefore you need to have your own environment ready for testing as well.
This is a longer run but in general the first testing version can be available in a week or two. Please PM me if you are interested.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
Re: Etano PHP 7 compatibility with PDO extension testing
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:30:42 PM »
Since you bring up the subject i too have been working on a PDO version of Etano with the view of PHP7 support.

Pretty much have the PDO side of things done. Currently making the odd modification here and there which I feel would be beneficial to it.

Obviously I've done it as a side project so no official links to the current Etano project but should I have a stable release then the Etano project/community will be more than welcome to "adopt" it :)