Author Topic: Transferring a site from one host to another ( with URL name change)  (Read 155 times)

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
ok, i want to know if this is possible and what would have to be changed if it is possible . I want to transfer a site to another hosing company, and after it gets transferred , can i then change the domain name of the site to something else, or what is the best method to do this. It will be an Etano script, 2.50 version. I just have a lot of things already in the site i want to keep and use for another site without having to redo it all over again. Can a transfer be possible like this.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Transferring a site from one host to another ( with URL name change)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
Yes it's possible, the key is configuring the includes/defines.inc.php file on your new server so it reflects your domain name (BASEURL) and the path to the files on your server (BASEPATH).

There are instructions provided in the online manual on how to transfer your site to another host
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=moving_your_etano_site_to_another_host_server

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
Thanks for the information. Got is swapped over to 247-host.com, they had a special going on and it seemed to be a good deal . They have good reviews and i hope there service will be an outstanding one. 
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

blueeyeddevil

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:18:41 PM »
check vultr.com
you can have VPS for as low as $5 per month.
I am using one for $10/month, hosting there 17 websites, email server, memcached server, some third party scripts like piwik, seopanel, owncloud, etc and so far its lightning fast.