Author Topic: Cannot loin to admin panel after install  (Read 539 times)

nittygritty

• Confirmed Member
Cannot loin to admin panel after install
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
Hello, I did search the forum for an answer, but many of the responses were from many years ago an perhaps an older version of Etano, or not exactly what I'm experiencing.

The install seems complete, the database is there and has tables, but after I enter the default admin login credentials, I get the error message ": Sorry, a critical error has occured. If you are the site administrator please check out the error log to see the actual error."

I used to be a web developer, but it has been a decade so I am not only rusty, but also behind the times! LOL. I can do this! I CAN.

nittygritty

• Confirmed Member
Re: Cannot loin to admin panel after install
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:36:39 PM »
ADDITIONALLY when I go to my site, I get a 500  error. I was getting it before, but edited the .htaccess file and removed the Options -Indexes line. The instructions in the install guide, about removing the lines that start with "php_value" or "php_flag" but there were no lines in the file that started with that.

nittygritty

• Confirmed Member
Re: Cannot loin to admin panel after install
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 01:49:23 AM »
SOLVED!  All by mySELF!

I just deleted everything and did it over. Found an error log that said a table didn't exist, so just started from scratch. Yay!