Author Topic: Forum Mod  (Read 229 times)

bobokop

• Confirmed Member
Forum Mod
« on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:19 PM »
Need a forum mod so member can socialize in one place altogether.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Forum Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37:12 PM »
Some years ago there were integrations for phpBB and SMF but they were a headache to integrate and maintain especially when it came to forum version upgrades, because of this the Etano developers no longer provides or supports integration mods for third party scripts. Therefore it will require a third party developer who is willing to provide and maintain integrations for Etano and 3rd party forum scripts.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

bobokop

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »
What about creating a very-very simple forum (only boards, posts, usernames, replies) without fancy features like "whois online, post counts, and stuff"  ? Is it possible to make?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 10:30:49 PM »
Well I suppose anything is possible, but to develop even a very simple or basic forum script for Etano would require more work than you may think, it would be a major undertaking.

One of the problems is that most people use Etano for creating a dating site and forums typically don't make a lot of sense for a dating site because most interaction is one-on-one. In the past users that integrated the old phpBB or SMF forum scripts for Etano found that the activity by members was low and wasn't worth the effort.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

bobokop

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 01:30:57 AM »
Im not using it for dating site though, only a reguler social networking site among friends and colleagues. If oneday someone made a simple forum mod id probably buy one .. if im still using Etano that is.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 03:07:29 PM »
 You can add a Disqus platform to your site,  you can add video's, pictures, make comments, etc. with it. I have one  installed for a wall in one of my sites. You will have to make a page for it, then just add it, it does work well.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

bobokop

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 11:35:47 PM »
You can add a Disqus platform to your site,  you can add video's, pictures, make comments, etc. with it. I have one  installed for a wall in one of my sites. You will have to make a page for it, then just add it, it does work well.

Great info, id do that thanks!  :D :D