Author Topic: Sending Messages in new 2.50  (Read 1271 times)

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
Sending Messages in new 2.50
« on: July 02, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »
Where do you add the new message when sending one in this new message system, do you place it at the top of the codes or to the right side of the first line.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Sending Messages in new 2.50
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
If what you mean is replying to messages, it's no different than previous versions or when you reply to a conventional email, you always add your reply to the top of the message so the most recent reply always shows first. The only difference in 2.50 is that it formats it in manner that makes it easier to follow when there's multiple replies back and forth.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 08:03:18 PM »
 The code is to close to the top of message box, like this first line is here when you reply to a message.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »
Sorry, I really don't understand what you mean. You'll need to be more specific in explaining exactly what you mean.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 08:19:26 PM »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[h5]
[/hr]blaze wrote: One more time..789
[h5]
[/hr]giggles wrote: Testing again..456
[h5]
[/hr]blaze wrote: testing..123

if the dotted line is the top of the reply box, there is no room to reply to the message, unless you reply to the right of the first line.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 08:30:32 PM »

[/hr]giggles wrote:

[/hr]blaze wrote: i got it..lol. so the message starts at the end.

[/hr]giggles wrote:phone test...ohohoh

maybe this is better for viewing above: The code is to close to the top of the reply box to add a message for a reply above it, and when i tested it on a phone, you have to reply to the right of the first line which make the reply even harder.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
You simply place your cursor at the very beginning at the top and click the "enter" key to create a carriage return and a space at the top, then place your cursor at the top and type your text message. I assumed most people knew this.

I don't know of any good way of making the carriage space appear at the top automatically.

You don't include any code, just type need to type text, the formatting code is automatically generated.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 09:35:44 PM »
that is what i had figured out you would have to do, but how to do this on a phone is not so easy. Can the code be placed down in the reply box more to open the space at the top to make this a better reply system. It works great and looks good, it's just a lot of extra moves for members that don't need to be there so they can send a message more easily.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »
I think I've come up with a solution, open your message_send.php file located in the main root directory.

Look for the following line of code located on or about line #46:
Code: [Select]
$output['message_body']="\r\n[h5][hr][/hr][b]{output._user_other} wrote[/b]:\r\n".$output['message_body'].'[/h5]';
And replace it with this:
Code: [Select]
$output['message_body']="\r\n\n[h5][hr][/hr][b]{output._user_other} wrote[/b]:\r\n".$output['message_body'].'[/h5]';

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
 That is perfect. It dropped it down and now it is so much easier to use on the mobiles now to. Thanks. This is the output of what it looks like from the testing i done, on desktops and mobiles, easy to follow, easy to read, easy to use now.  :D

blaze wrote:
Yes, this is much better to use now, the layout is perfect when the message is reviewed.
giggles wrote:
Doing a phone test now, looks great, easier to use, just tap and write your message at the top now.
blaze wrote:
yes, this looks much better.
giggles wrote:
The form is taking place now, the message is located under the name now.

Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »
I have another question relating to the reply message box now. When you click on the reply button to  send a reply, the box contains all the other messages and replies, is there a way to make them invisible or transparent so you can not see them at all there, to make the box look clean and empty for a reply message.
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
I don't know of any way to hide the code and content in the reply box so it still gets parsed and passed onto to the read messages where it's displayed as HTML. I don't know if it's possible or not but I couldn't find a means to accomplish it.

When sending or replying to a message the code tags are utilized and content is displayed only as code instead of HTML, therefore HTML elements cannot be manipulated with CSS, such as using something like display:hidden.

BBCode is used in Etano (and many other scripts) for sending messages and posting comments because it's simple and most of all much safer. HTML has plenty of potential security holes that could allow a user to include such things as script tags or javascript for the purpose of XSS attacks, injecting viruses and more. BBCode prohibits tags and code that could cause issues or harm to other users.

The downside to BBCode is that it's code based and relies on strict code tags which has more limitations than HTML, especially when it comes to formatting. It was a real challenge to try and parse and format the BBCode in order to better organize and improve the appearance of reading messages when replying back and forth.