Author Topic: How to hide certain information  (Read 101 times)

happy

• Prime Member
How to hide certain information
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:17:23 AM »
Hi

I have one profile field for phone no{f15} and there are three types of memberships 1.Free Member, 2.Gold Member and 3.Silver member.

Now on result_user.html and profile page, on Free Members profile i want this phone number to show 9xxxxxxxx and on paid members their original phone number.

How can this be done, please guide.

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: How to hide certain information
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
I have no idea how to create it the way you want.

The only suggestion I have is to remove the profile field from result_user.html file so it doesn't show in search results and widgets, then use the built-in feature for hiding info on the profile page.

To do this you would need to create a category for the phone number or contact info. When you create a category you can check which membership levels have access to view the info within the category. Then move the profile field for the phone number (or any other personal contact info) to this category.

Those that don't have access will see the following within the category ....
upgrade your membership to view this info

This is probably the best way to do it as it lets users know they have to upgrade their membership in order to view the contact info (such as the phone number). Whereas the way you want to do it doesn't let users instantly know that by upgrading it will expose the actual phone number.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 11:28:47 PM »
What i want is...

If member(not viewer) is free member then instead of his/her original phone number display this xxxxxxxxx number

else

display member's original number

Idea is I do not want to show free member's original phone number, if member wants his original number to be displayed on his/her profile then he/she must go for Gold Or Silver membership.

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »
The script has no feature or function that allows you to restrict a member from editing or displaying a particular profile field in their own profile based on their membership level.

The script only provides a function which will allow you to restrict the viewing of profile category content based on membership level (as described in my previous post).

Sorry, but I don't know of any way to accomplish what you want.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 01:03:19 AM »
Hi

I put it this way

"If m_value is 1

Phone number is 9999999999

else

Phone number is f10"

Can you help me with proper code for above.

I will put the code in result_user.html and profile_left.html files

regards

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 04:52:20 AM »
Sorry, but I really can't help you with this as it's not going to be as simple as you suggest.

You'll need to try and find a programmer that could possibly figure out a way to do it for you.