Author Topic: Php selector functions  (Read 113 times)

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
Php selector functions
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »
can someone tell me what functions are needed to run 5.4php at the best settings for etano.

Thepeepz.com
ThePeepz.com/chat
The-Peepz.chatovod.com

Milan

• Confirmed Member
Re: Php selector functions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
I use PHP 5.1 and all function working perfectly .

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »
thanks, but i am just wanting to know what is needed for 5.4 to function efficiently. What functions are needed and what should not be added.
Thepeepz.com
ThePeepz.com/chat
The-Peepz.chatovod.com

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 05:39:35 PM »
When selecting your PHP version (5.3 or 5.4) in most cases the default extensions and settings should be fine. Unless you know what you're doing, adding or disabling extensions or settings can cause issues.

Most hosts set default PHP extensions and settings that will meet the requirements needed to run the more popular scripts provided by services like softaculous, such as Wordpress, Drupal, Etano, etc.  Any special requirements will usually be listed in the Etano online documentation:
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=requirements

Not all shared hosting is created equal and the most common issues for running Etano effectively are shared hosting that only provides PHP versions above 5.4, strict security restrictions or limitations on resources, don't allow crons to run every 5 minutes, etc. Most of which you will have little or no control over and will either need to try and get support from the host or find another host or hosting plan that provides the requirements needed.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.