Author Topic: How to ad a field to show in the search results after a search  (Read 186 times)

admin@pafriends.com

• Confirmed Member
How to ad a field to show in the search results after a search
« on: February 23, 2017, 01:56:09 AM »
I added a custom field and I'm trying get it to show up in the search results.  I've been going through html files but I can't find the correct one to edit.  My search shows (f3) for instance but I need to also show my (f29). 

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: How to ad a field to show in the search results after a search
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:21:52 AM »
Open your skins_site/def/static/results_user.html file and add the following line into the list of profile fields to be displayed:
Code: [Select]
<p class="info text"><span>{profile.f29_label}</span>: {profile.f29}</p> After editing this file in order for any changes to take effect you must regenerate your skin in .... Admin >> Site Setup >> Skin Settings >> and then click Regenerate under your default skin.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

admin@pafriends.com

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »
Thanks for the location.  I didn't have the specified file but I ended up editing results_user.html.  Maybe it changed names during updates.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:55:20 PM »
Sorry made a typo, should have been:
skins_site/def/static/results_user.html

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.