Author Topic: Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall  (Read 176 times)

Yahoob

Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:44 AM »
So I know you said that some people do not want this but maybe there's a way to get it as an addon that can be downloaded if it is wanted for the site. I just need this for my own site and I see that there are more people than me who would like this so it's just something to look into. I have found resources that give a better understanding of how it works than in the link I sent on the general page(that link led to a discontinued script). Anyone who would like to help me with this would be greatly appreciated. I will try to find all the sites I saw before that seemed like they had a more detailed explaination of all of this. Whoever is able to make this, I would pay for it like $50 maybe $100 if you give me a few months.

Yahoob

Re: Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:56 AM »
http://wallscriptclone.com/

I found this. I will email him about possibly integrating this with etano.

Yahoob

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
I thought of an idea but do not know if it's possible. Maybe it could be a more simple way to make a facebook-like wall though. so in the home section there is this.

<div class="widget blogs">
   <!--widget="blogs(array('mode'=>'new','total'=>1))"-->

maybe change the total to something else where it can infinitely scroll if it's possible and then make a blog for anyone to post on just called posts and display the blogs on this page all open instead of in separate pages. Also maybe there's a way to make the blog writing text box to display above so people can post directly.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
I think we need to move past comparing/converting/utilizing the blogs to a timeline feed style of thing. With the caching function its not practical.

This kind of feature needs to be written from the ground up as a new feature so its optimised for purpose its been used for.

:)

Yahoob

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Thank you for your input KHDev. I have taken your advice and i'm looking for a programer to code this for etano. I'm using a site called freelancer.com
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this site/ knows exactly how it works so i know if there's any risk in using it and if it's a good site to use in general.