Author Topic: Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall  (Read 609 times)

Yahoob

Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall
« on: February 10, 2017, 12:01:44 AM »
So I know you said that some people do not want this but maybe there's a way to get it as an addon that can be downloaded if it is wanted for the site. I just need this for my own site and I see that there are more people than me who would like this so it's just something to look into. I have found resources that give a better understanding of how it works than in the link I sent on the general page(that link led to a discontinued script). Anyone who would like to help me with this would be greatly appreciated. I will try to find all the sites I saw before that seemed like they had a more detailed explaination of all of this. Whoever is able to make this, I would pay for it like $50 maybe $100 if you give me a few months.

Yahoob

Re: Facebook/twitter style timeline feed wall
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:56 AM »
http://wallscriptclone.com/

I found this. I will email him about possibly integrating this with etano.

Yahoob

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
I thought of an idea but do not know if it's possible. Maybe it could be a more simple way to make a facebook-like wall though. so in the home section there is this.

<div class="widget blogs">
   <!--widget="blogs(array('mode'=>'new','total'=>1))"-->

maybe change the total to something else where it can infinitely scroll if it's possible and then make a blog for anyone to post on just called posts and display the blogs on this page all open instead of in separate pages. Also maybe there's a way to make the blog writing text box to display above so people can post directly.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
I think we need to move past comparing/converting/utilizing the blogs to a timeline feed style of thing. With the caching function its not practical.

This kind of feature needs to be written from the ground up as a new feature so its optimised for purpose its been used for.

:)

Yahoob

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »
Thank you for your input KHDev. I have taken your advice and i'm looking for a programer to code this for etano. I'm using a site called freelancer.com
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this site/ knows exactly how it works so i know if there's any risk in using it and if it's a good site to use in general.

skipper

• ThePeepz.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 07:38:16 PM »
you can run  Disqus, a comment section as a wall  , https://disqus.com/ , you can add video's, pictures, your own avatar, and make comments, etc. I wanted to test it and I am running this on my site and it works good.
It is free also. I am running it on the latest version of Etano 2.50 and using the Vibex theme from KHDEV. You can add another site page to your site, then add the disqus once you get the code. You can moderator it also. 
Thepeepz.com
Chat-Now.chatovod.com