Author Topic: Profile Skipped Approval  (Read 326 times)

happy

• Prime Member
Profile Skipped Approval
« on: June 13, 2016, 05:44:59 AM »
Hi Maverick, in Features and Options I have this checked that means any profile edit needs admin approval before being displayed on site.

One member edited his profile but edited profile got displayed on front end without admin approval and it did not show in Unapproved profiles in admin section.

I do not know whether this is a bug or i missed some thing

Please guide

Regards

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Profile Skipped Approval
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 07:16:46 AM »
It depends on what edits they made. Keep in mind that edits requiring approval only applies to textual edits in textfield and textarea fields, selecting a different option for fields that are selectbox or checkbox do not require approval.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

happy

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:24:06 PM »
Above case is about textfield and textarea field.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 06:42:04 AM »
I have no idea why one member who edited his profile would get skipped for approval. Whenever I've tested the profile approval it's always worked fine for me, and I don't know of anyone else who has reported or posted in the forums having this is issue.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Solkaus

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 04:39:08 PM »
Hi all!

I'm having the same issue as happy. Weird thing is that profiles do require an admin approval to join, but they can freely edit their profiles without moderation. Is there another option I might be missing?

Thanks for the help!

PS: Sorry for bringing back an old topic, but since it didn't get resolved I figured we might as well continue the conversation here for other people with the same problem.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 03:46:10 AM »
I can't replicate the issue you seem to be experiencing, so I don't know what the problem might be.

When you check this option:
New profiles or changes to existing profiles require manual approval from an administrator before being displayed on site?:

It's important to note the following on how this feature functions:

Any "changes to existing profiles" that requires approval means changes to text fields only (about me, about you, or other questionnaires where the member must enter some text). If the member changes a select box or checkboxes, their profile will not need approval. This feature is only meant to help prevent members from adding inappropriate content or spam to their profile. It's not a

This feature technically doesn't prevent or inhibit them from making any textual edits, the textual changes just won't appear in their profile on the front end until it's been approved.

New member profiles won't appear on the front end until it's been approved.

If a new member makes any text changes while waiting for their profile to be approved, then these edits will also be approved along with their profile approval.

Solkaus

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 10:17:09 AM »
Mi Maverick! Thank you so much for your quick response!

So here's the specific scenario: I'm running an "open mind" dating community but I don't want anyone creating sex profiles or stuff like that, so I've decided to moderate everything. I checked the option "New profiles or changes to existing profiles require manual approval from an administrator before being displayed on site", and I know it's working because I do have to approve all the new profiles by hand. Yesterday morning a friend of mine PMd me with something like "hey, I thought you weren't gonna approve profiles like XXX's". The site is new, so I've only approved like 20 or 30 profiles, so I remember all of them. So I go ahead and check XXX's profile, and I confirm that he changed his profile to something really awkward.

My first thought was maybe I'm getting old and I'm starting to forget things, so I logged in as a regular user and tried to change my profile. Worked! My admin panel showed me no warning or notification whatsoever, and the profile was succesfully changed.

I went even further and I created a new user to see if it happens in general or maybe it's a thing with old users, but same thing happened. I was able to edit 2 text fields (About me which is textarea, and another one I added which is a textfield) with no restrictions.

Maybe it's a hosting problem? htaccess? Any ideas you might have to investigate?

Thanks a lot!!!!

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 04:11:47 PM »
About the only thing I can suggest is checking what version of PHP your host is running.

The recommended version for Etano is 5.3 or 5.4, running PHP 5.6 will cause certain things to not function properly.

Solkaus

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 04:32:45 PM »
Damn, I was all excited to try that but nothing. Tried 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6. Same thing with all 3 versions.

I do have these options as PHP Options:

Code: [Select]
allow_url_fopen On
display_errors Off
error_reporting E_ALL
file_uploads On
include_path .:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php54/usr/share/php
log_errors On
mail.force_extra_parameters no value
max_execution_time 30
max_input_time -1
memory_limit 128M
open_basedir no value
post_max_size 8M
session.save_path /tmp
short_open_tag On
upload_max_filesize 2M

Maybe there's something wrong that I'm not seeing? Since you can't reproduce the problem, but the problem definitely exists, maybe it's a hosting problem. I'm with Godaddy.

Again, thank you for your help! Once this is sorted out and I get to know the software a little bit more I'll try to give some advice back.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 07:03:55 PM »
Those options don't help much, they shouldn't be relevant to your problem.

Problem could be related to GoDaddy as they don't allow cron jobs to run under 15 minutes on their shared hosting plans, they are only allowed on their VPS and Dedicated server plans. If you have shared hosting plan it could be a cron issue causing the problem.

Read the documentation regarding the system requirements for running Etano:
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=requirements