Author Topic: Some queries  (Read 461 times)

happy

• Prime Member
Some queries
« on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:00 AM »
Hi

1.How can i limit number of characters in Textfield Profile Field?
2.How can i prevent user from entering numeric value in Textfield and Textarea field to ensure user do not enter phone number.
3.How can a Member save message in his mailbox.

Please guide
Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Some queries
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 05:51:23 AM »
1.How can i limit number of characters in Textfield Profile Field?
You can't unless you apply javascript to each textfield on the page where they are used.
Why complicate things?? if you want to limit the number of characters you should be using a Textarea rather than a Textfield.

2.How can i prevent user from entering numeric value in Textfield and Textarea field to ensure user do not enter phone number.
Sorry, I have no idea!

3.How can a Member save message in his mailbox.
They can save messages by creating a personal folder and moving the messages there. Just add a note in the mailbox section about it.

Just make sure that you set it so messages never get purged in personal folders.
In your Admin go to "Features and Options" and look for the following option and set it to "0":
Purge old messages from member personal folders after how many days? (0 for never)

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
Re: Some queries
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:07:09 AM »

I use the function "Banned Words", if someone has a better solution, he post there