Author Topic: [SKIN][PREMIUM] - VibeX - Bootstrap (Etano 2.50)  (Read 14029 times)

nubbyless

Re: [SKIN][PREMIUM] - VibeX - Bootstrap (Etano 2.30)
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »
Turns out it was a cache issue rebooting my phone cleared the issue thanks for a great skin

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 08:06:54 AM »
Turns out it was a cache issue rebooting my phone cleared the issue thanks for a great skin

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know and glad you like it :)

KHDev.

nubbyless

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2016, 04:35:41 PM »
one thing i would like to do maybe you can point in the direction is when you look at a users profile on the left under their picture you have a bar with three dashes in it that you click and bring down the menu such as add friend send message send flirt etc... is there a way to add text to it instead of the 3 bars because i think some people that might not be computer savvy may not realize its a menu

thanks
fred

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »
one thing i would like to do maybe you can point in the direction is when you look at a users profile on the left under their picture you have a bar with three dashes in it that you click and bring down the menu such as add friend send message send flirt etc... is there a way to add text to it instead of the 3 bars because i think some people that might not be computer savvy may not realize its a menu

thanks
fred

Hi,

Sure that can be done.

Open skins_site > def > profile_left.html and around line 27 find

Code: [Select]
<i class="fa fa-bars"></i>

Simply replace it with your text,  or add your text to the side of it so you have the icon and text. :)

nubbyless

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2016, 11:18:29 AM »
Thanks would you know what variable calls the username

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2016, 07:56:46 AM »
Thanks would you know what variable calls the username

On the profile page (profile.html and profile_left.html) you would use the following show the profiles username

{output.user}

nubbyless

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2016, 09:54:24 AM »
Works perfect thank you

nubbyless

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2016, 10:07:27 AM »
Hi on the vibex skin I added some google AdSense ads in the left panels the look fine on desktop but on mobile they show on top of page I would rather them show last on page on mobil is there a way to do this see example here http://www.reenactordate.com/search.php?st=online

Update: i figured it out if i put them in the div with the menu they wont show on mobile at all and thats better form me

nubbyless

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
I have a question about mobile theme I purchased comet chat and it comes with the synergy mobile theme which requires a link to it in the menu is there a way to make a menu link that will only show on mobile menu and not in top navbar on desktop

Thanks

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Re: [SKIN][PREMIUM] - VibeX - Bootstrap (Etano 2.30) - Basic Search issue
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2016, 09:15:01 AM »
In general the basic search options and fields are good in left column of this skin. But after installation, even without any major modification in def, we unable to see the basic search fields in main column page.

That is if we use advanced search, we can see an additional tab (usernamesearch) in the same way if we search LATEST MEMBERS or ONLINE MEMBERS ... when the results comes out there is an additional tab named (BASIC SEARCH)

if we click that basic search after visiting latest members search result or who is online search result,.. this additional tab basic search has only one field that is -- with photo?

All the other basic search fields are not available. In past days i met with this same issue and i think KHD helped me. I was searching for that same answer in this forum more than hours as i thought not to disturb our team. But unfortunately i am unable to find it.

Can any one help be to come out of this basic search issue.?

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »
I have a question about mobile theme I purchased comet chat and it comes with the synergy mobile theme which requires a link to it in the menu is there a way to make a menu link that will only show on mobile menu and not in top navbar on desktop

Thanks

When you add the link to the nav add the following class to the <li> elements should do it.

<li class="hidden-sm hidden-md hidden-lg"> LINK </li>

:)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: [SKIN][PREMIUM] - VibeX - Bootstrap (Etano 2.30) - Basic Search issue
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2016, 06:50:47 PM »
In general the basic search options and fields are good in left column of this skin. But after installation, even without any major modification in def, we unable to see the basic search fields in main column page.

That is if we use advanced search, we can see an additional tab (usernamesearch) in the same way if we search LATEST MEMBERS or ONLINE MEMBERS ... when the results comes out there is an additional tab named (BASIC SEARCH)

if we click that basic search after visiting latest members search result or who is online search result,.. this additional tab basic search has only one field that is -- with photo?

All the other basic search fields are not available. In past days i met with this same issue and i think KHD helped me. I was searching for that same answer in this forum more than hours as i thought not to disturb our team. But unfortunately i am unable to find it.

Can any one help be to come out of this basic search issue.?

In the user manual (http://khdev.x10host.com/usermanuals/vibex/) if you go onto the Manual PHP Edits tab, did you add the additional code  to the search.php file? That should fix the main column search fields.

(You can't have more than one search form on a page as the location field js code causes a conflict.)

For the basic search in the left column you would use something like below as the coding is different.

<div id="search" class="panel panel-default">
<div class="panel-heading">Quick Search</div>
<div class="panel-body">
<form action="search.php" method="get" id="search-form" class="general-form">
<fieldset>
<input type="hidden" name="st" value="basic" />
<!--loop name="search"-->
<dl id="row_{search.dbfield}" class="{search.class}">
<dt><label>{search.label}:</label></dt>
<dd>{search.field}</dd>
</dl>
<!--/loop name="search"-->
<dl id="row_photo">
<dd><input type="checkbox" name="wphoto" value="1" />with photo?</dd>
</dl>
</fieldset>
<fieldset class="controls text-center">
<dl>
<dt><label>&nbsp;</label></dt>
<dd><input id="search-button" type="submit" class="btn btn-main" value="Search" /></dd>
</dl>
</fieldset>
</form>
<div class="text-right pad-m-tb">
<a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}search_more.php">Advanced Search</a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--loop name="search"-->
{search.js}
<!--/loop name="search"-->
</script>
</div>
</div>

nubbyless

« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:02 PM »
thanks khdev that hiding the link for desktop worked perfect now can i do other way around hide a link for all mobile devices what it is i need 2 chat links one for mobile only and one for desktop which both pull different urls

thanks
fred

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2016, 08:07:38 AM »
thanks khdev that hiding the link for desktop worked perfect now can i do other way around hide a link for all mobile devices what it is i need 2 chat links one for mobile only and one for desktop which both pull different urls

thanks
fred

for the desktop only link simply change it to

<li class="hidden-xs"> LINK HERE </li>