Author Topic: New profiles and online members problems, not sure if cronjob related  (Read 1674 times)

Tooken

• Prime Member
Hi,

I am not sure if this problem is or not cronjob related. My site is hosted with TMD which supports Etano. I set up the cronjobs and notifications, emails, messages, everything is working fine. New Photos showing up working fine also without any problem or delay. However, when a new profile is created, after being approved does not shows on the site unless I regenerate the skin. I tried waiting until 24 hours to see if it would show up without the need of regenerating the skins but without any success. Other issue is that on the widget on the homepage which shows the new profiles, when we click on the link that we click to see more profiles only is showing one (the first one that was created I guess) regardless that others have been created. That is also happening when I click to see other or new profiles or newest profiles. In both cases the url that it goes fetch the new profiles is www.mysite.com/search.php?st=new. Another issue is that it keeps showing as online members that actually aren't. Given the fact that every other thing that is using cronjobs is working fine, are these a cronjob related issues? Any idea how to get around it? (for example when i click on basic search or do the advanced search is showing everything correctly)

Thank you all
David

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: New profiles and online members problems, not sure if cronjob related
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Try deleting the contents of the Cache2 folder, except for the index.html file. Then regenerate your skin and see if that fixes your issues.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Tooken

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 08:37:01 PM »
Hello Maverick,

Thanks for your reply on this. I had tried it before, and tried it now again but same problem. Doesn't work. Keeps showing only the oldest profile created.

David

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »
The only other thing I can think of is your cron jobs aren't functioning properly, possibly they aren't configured correctly or your hosting plan doesn't allow crons to be run under 15 minutes.

Make sure you're allowed to run cron jobs under 15 minutes as search cache is cleared and regenerated every 5 min. Regenerating the skin won't have any effect on the search cache.

Many hosts aren't up-front as to how frequently you can run cron jobs so you may need to do some digging in their terms or forums, or ask them directly. Just because you can make cron settings of 5 minutes in cPanel doesn't necessarily mean it's going to actually work.

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Tooken

• Prime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 09:29:45 PM »
Thanks Maverick.

I do suspect of a cronjob issue, however why does for example the newest photos search works fine and not the newest profiles doesn't is what tickles me...

David

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:43 PM »
Photos don't rely on cron jobs, they will show up on the site almost instantly without regenerating or even having cron jobs setup.

Tooken

• Prime Member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »
I didn't knew that. I will probably just replace the links for the new profiles for the link to show all profiles. It is silly for just one profile to be showing up. And I noticed it is doing that on the admin panel too when i try to sort the profiles from newest to oldest
Thanks Maverick
David

Tooken

• Prime Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:37:57 PM »
*Solved*
I contacted the host and they fixed the cronjobs - they weren't running under 15 minutes as you said Maverick.
Everything is working fine now except I ve been getting hundreds of mail delivery error messages always stating the same thing and the same users (three active users I created and 2 test users that have been deleted for a while now) Only says:

"A message that you sent contained no recipient addresses, and therefore no
delivery could be attempted."
User: tookentooken<br />
Email: tookentooken@mymail.com<br />
Link: <a href="http://www.mysite.com/admin/member_results.php?user=tookentooken">http://www.mysite.com/admin/member_results.php?user=tookentooken</a><br />

UPDATE AND SOLUTION
I found out the email queue on the DB had 5 pending emails that weren't sent when the accounts were first set up, maybe due to the cron jobs not being correctly set, after deleting those entries from the DB the mail failure messages stopped.

Thanks for all
David