Author Topic: do we need additional cron jobs  (Read 824 times)

Atelier

• Confirmed Member
do we need additional cron jobs
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:01:17 AM »
Hi,
I could found a hosting supports cron and know about etano. I made the automatic installation so cron was created correctly. But it didn't work. I asked to the hosting company, they checked and told everything is ok.
There were no change but, for just one time I could see approved blogs and members. Now I'm trying to add new things without changing anything, again cron is not working. It was set to 5 minutes. (already checked user manual and couldn't found the problem)

Do we need to put more new cron jobs like 10min, 30 min. etc.? Are there any different paths for cache files, or is this basic auto-install on the softaculous is enough?

Thank you

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: do we need additional cron jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 07:28:01 AM »
Do we need to put more new cron jobs like 10min, 30 min. etc.?
No, you setup the cron job only once exactly as explained in the documentation
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_the_etano_cron_job_in_cpanel

is this basic auto-install on the softaculous is enough
If Etano was installed by Scriptalicious, Softaculous or Fantastico provided by your host, they will often attempt to automatically setup up the cron jobs as well, but often incorrectly. The auto setup of the cron jobs is between the script provider and your host. It's important to note that Etano/Datemill has no affiliation or partnership with Scriptalicious, Softaculous or Fantastico, they simply go around and scoop up free open source scripts and include them in their script packages which they provide to hosting companies. How they configure the Etano script to be installed is beyond our control and limits our ability to provide support if it doesn't work properly. You need to check your cron job setup and make sure it's configured the same as the documentation we provide.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Atelier

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:51:01 AM »
Thank you for your reply this is the cron

*/5   *   *   *   *   /usr/bin/php -f /home/thefileintheroot*/public_html/tools/cron/cron.php

this time I see it worked for 1 time :(
script is really nice but cron is a mystery. I will ask hosting company again
Thanks so much

York

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
If you have cron job issue with you hosting, you may try external cron job easycron.com which starts processes on the URL and a tutorial at https://www.easycron.com/cron-job-tutorials/how-to-set-up-cron-job-for-etano.