Author Topic: Cronjob problem??  (Read 815 times)

SwingersGezocht

Cronjob problem??
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:00:08 AM »
The last 12 hr`s I get on diffrent moments the follow error at my cronjobs:
: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
<br /> Line: 84
<br />File: /home/swingers/domains/swingersgezocht.nl/public_html/includes/classes/feed_reader.class.php
<br />

sometimes I got this 2 tomes a hour, some hours none and the last hour 4 times..
How To fix this "error" or is it extern?
There is nothing changed into the firewall or something

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
Re: Cronjob problem??
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 04:04:36 PM »
Its most likely that your site is running the cron jobs relating to either os_feed or datemill_feed which are no longer used.

What you can try is simply deleting the following cron jobs:

2get_os_feed.php (tools > cron > jobs > 5 > here)
get_datemill_feed.php (tools > cron > jobs > 60 here)

Also, feel free to delete the options from your database (shouldn't be necessary but no point in having them since they're not used)

You'll find the options in your database under the dsb_site_options3 table. look for the following:
(NOTE ONLY DELETE THEM IF YOU HAVE DELETED THE CRON JOB FILES)
Code: [Select]
## CONFIG ID 37 ##
37 | enabled | 1 | Enable this widget? | 9 |  osignal_feed | 0

## CONFIG ID 38 ##
38 | feed_url | http://feeds.feedburner.com/OriginalSignal/tech | The url of the feed | 2 | osignal_feed | 0

## CONFIG ID 58 ##
58 | feed_url | http://www.datemill.com/remote/feeds/admin.xml | The url of the feed | 2 | datemill_feed | 0

Simply delete those rows

Also You'll find the mods listed in your database under the dsb_modules table. look for the following:

Code: [Select]
osignal_feed | Original Signal Tech Feed | Retrieves the latest original signal tech stories |  3  | 1.01 | 7

datemill_feed | Datemill Admin Feed | Datemill news for administrators | 3 | 1.01 |  7

Ideally these want stripping out of future versions of etano.