Author Topic: [SKIN] - Deano Deluxe - Responsive Skin (SUSPENDED)  (Read 8989 times)

jmonroe

Re: [SKIN] - Deano Deluxe - Responsive Skin (SUSPENDED)
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
Okay. I will have to play around with it because I see its in the index.html coding already around some things but I am going to need some filler on the front page so that way its not barren. I will probably post up a box with some community information about the site to entice people to click register.

jmonroe

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 09:55:36 AM »
One other thing I would like to do is hide the newest members and newest photos section on the home page for users not logged in.

To show certain things to just logged in members use:

Code: [Select]

<!--opt name="tplvars.user_logged"-->

LOGGED IN CONTENT HERE

<!--/opt name="tplvars.user_logged"-->

Do I have to use it on a line by line basis? Or can I start and end a section of code? I have it wrapped around the div section that places the members, search, and photos section but it's still showing. I even regenerated the skin files too after re-uploading the modified index.html file.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 10:06:33 AM »
Do I have to use it on a line by line basis? Or can I start and end a section of code? I have it wrapped around the div section that places the members, search, and photos section but it's still showing. I even regenerated the skin files too after re-uploading the modified index.html file.

You can wrap it around a section.

Should work, it's working on mine.

I'm guessing you've edited index.php?? By default logged in users shouldn't be able to view the index page.

jmonroe

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2015, 10:43:02 AM »
I have it wrapped around the section. The page shows the header image, login and register button the slogan, then the quick search box, newest members box, and newest photos box. What I don't understand is that <!-- in html comments lines out but not sure how that line is actually telling it to block logged out members from seeing the said items.

jmonroe

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »
I have it wrapped around the section. The page shows the header image, login and register button the slogan, then the quick search box, newest members box, and newest photos box. What I don't understand is that <!-- in html comments lines out but not sure how that line is actually telling it to block logged out members from seeing the said items.

Ha...got it working. What I did was copied this line from the file <!--opt name="!tplvars.user_logged"--> which has a ! after the open quote. Not sure why that line is in there before the login button code but I took the line <!--opt name="tplvars.user_logged"--> and put in before and <!--/opt name="tplvars.user_logged"--> after the section and it worked.

And no, I haven't modified the index file until now. I will be adding a box that will have some basic info. Would like a blog/news module that would display latest news or info on the front page in place of the boxes I just set to be hidden.

The little things.... LOL

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2015, 11:36:12 AM »
Adding the explanation mark ! has the opposite effect where it hides content from members and only shows it to guests.

You can read about hiding content from members and visitors in the online manual:
http://www.datemill.com/etano/wiki/doku.php?id=hiding_content_from_visitors_or_members

Also, as KHDev has mentioned, hiding content from visitors and have it only show to members logged in on the index page is actually irrelevant because you can't go to or view the index page once your logged in, links to the index page instead redirects logged in users to their home page. So technically if there's content on the index page you don't want visitors to see you might as well remove it since logged in members are unable to view the index page they won't be able to view the content anyway.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

jmonroe

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »
Thanks for the response. It's working as I want it. I only wanted visitors to see the header image and the box of content I created in the index page coding and css file. This isn't anything I want members to be able to see. All it is, is for people who want to know more about the site to read before they click the join button. Simple explanation of what the site actually is. So no need for anyone to see it after they've joined and logged in.

Thanks again for the link as well.

jmonroe

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2015, 06:02:13 PM »
Another question...I want my header image to stay responsive which it is but when I add height: 500px; to the index.css it doesn't all the width to stay the same which is set to 100%. Any idea how I can keep the whole image instead of it being cut off to short when I remove the height: 500px?

It fits the screen but the image is 550px high and I would like the height to show the whole image but remain responsive showing the whole image.
max-height: 100%; doesn't do it either. It too has the image only displaying the first 200 px of the top of the image.

Thanks

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
In order for the header image to be fully responsive where it shows the full width of the image at all screen view ports (devices) you don't set a height for the image, only a width of 100% which will allow it to collapse naturally according to the user's screen width. By setting a height it will naturally display at that height but it may not show the entire width of the image on smaller devices.

Making a large full width horizontal header image fully responsive has it's drawbacks. For example if the full default image was 1200px by 500px and then collapsed down to fit on a small device such as a phone it would only be about 150px to 200px in height making for a rather small, and often an ineffective image.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

jmonroe

« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2015, 07:11:29 PM »
@Maverick
In order for it work, KH and I used @media in the styling for the certain screen sizes. Works beautifully now. Thanks again for your assistance! Greatly appreciated.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 08:27:49 AM »
Am still using Deano deluxe theme. Now I want to add a banner/pic below the left menu for instance in profile_left.html. My question is: What is max. size in width for banner/pic to work perfect on desktop and as well on mobile device.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 03:13:39 AM »
Ref: Username Search

Am using Deano Deluxe V 3.00.  The desktop version of that theme offers the option for "Username Search" at the right side of the top menu bar, defined in frame.html and frame_general.html.

Due to the reason that one member complaint he can't find the "Username Search" function in the mobile version with his Android phone I've checked it and as well can't find that function. It seems it's not included in the mobile version. Is there anything I've overlooked?

Is it possible to add this function into the mobile version, perhaps in "my menu" or enhance the "advanced search" with "username search" ??

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 09:20:24 AM »
Ref: Username Search

Am using Deano Deluxe V 3.00.  The desktop version of that theme offers the option for "Username Search" at the right side of the top menu bar, defined in frame.html and frame_general.html.

Due to the reason that one member complaint he can't find the "Username Search" function in the mobile version with his Android phone I've checked it and as well can't find that function. It seems it's not included in the mobile version. Is there anything I've overlooked?

Is it possible to add this function into the mobile version, perhaps in "my menu" or enhance the "advanced search" with "username search" ??

Hey, yeah i came across it also when i started converting it over to bootstrap. Quick fix for now would be to put it in the mobile menu, which can be done as follows:

Open frame.html and around line 112 just after the "my settings" link in the mobile menu add :

<li class="mobile-search">
<form action="search.php" method="get" id="name_search">
<input type="hidden" name="st" value="user" />
<dl>
<dd>
<input type="text" name="user" id="byname" placeholder="Username Search" />
<input type="submit" class="button small" value="Go" />
</dd>
</dl>
</form>
</li>

Now, around line 124 you'll see the JS for the menu, find and change the following:

#### FIND THIS ####

$("#nav").addClass("js").before('<div id="mobile_menu">MENU</div>');
$("#mobile_menu").click(function(){

#### CHANGE TO THIS ####

$("#nav").addClass("js").before('<div id="mobile_menu" class="mm_btn">MENU</div>');
$(".mm_btn").click(function(){

And finally add a bit of styling (content.css):

#mobile_menu li.mobile-search {
width: 100%;
float: none;
clear: both;
}
#mobile_menu li.mobile-search form{
display: block;
    padding: 10px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-align: center;
}
#mobile_menu li.mobile-search form input#byname {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 83%;
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 420px) {
#mobile_menu li.mobile-search form input#byname {
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}
}

#mobile_menu li.mobile-search form .button {
    display: inline-block;
    margin: 0px;
    height: 32px;
    padding: 5px;
}

And that should be it.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 01:26:39 PM »
Hello KHDev,

thanks a lot for helping out. Just added the code and it's working well.

I've purchased two other of your themes with bootstrap but not using it yet am to lazy to install it and to add all the mods I've added within the last 18 month since running that niche site with about 4.000 members now.

Am following the golden rule: "Never change a running system"!

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 12:03:54 PM »
I've just downloaded etano Version 2.5 Upgrade and realized with messages modifications there are mods for VibeX, Plexi or SimRez templates included. What is about Deano Deluxe?
Does the given CSS code for message_read.css work with Deano Deluxe template as well ?