Do you like Bootstrap?

Yes
7 (77.8%)
Undecided
2 (22.2%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Upcoming Content - Bootstrap Coming! (updated - 05/04/2016)  (Read 3323 times)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
Upcoming Content - Bootstrap Coming! (updated - 05/04/2016)
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:23:22 PM »
Upcoming Plans - Updated 05/04/2016

After a couple of emails about the possibility of a responsive skin using Bootstrap (frontend) recently I can share that this is happening! I'm roughly half way through the bootstrap skin and so far i'm liking how its looking. Its by far my best skin yet! I'm putting alot of thought into it and nothing will be left untouched! Almost feels like its a different script in alot of places!

I recently posted some preview pics on facebook @ View Album which i will be adding more to as it progresses!

Also, i have a bootstrap admin panel in the works too ;)

NOTICE

All releases (both free and premium) released by me are provided on an “AS IS” basis and are designed for the software versions stated on the release page.  Support is offered to fix any issues or make small changes. I do not offer any support in customising content to meet your needs which is why I release content on a ‘AS IS’ basis.

More info on this visit Licence & Disclaimer

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
Re: Upcoming Content - Bootstrap Coming! (updated - 05/04/2016)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
Updated 05/04/2016
See update above about Bootstrap and vote on poll :)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
Good job so far KHDev with your responsive templates.

I've being working with Bootstrap for several years now. In fact I've already developed a Bootstrap based template for Etano which I'm thinking of possibly releasing soon.

It's an excellent choice for complex sites or CMS scripts such as Etano because it has more utilities than most other responsive frameworks, and is also the most popular responsive framework with lots of extras and plugins available. The only drawback is that it can tend to be a tad bloated with a rather strong learning curve which usually equates to more time and work spent in development. If I'm developing a fairly basic HTML business type site for a client I'll often use something more lightweight and simpler such as "Skeleton".

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 01:10:56 PM »
Good job so far KHDev with your responsive templates.

I've being working with Bootstrap for several years now. In fact I've already developed a Bootstrap based template for Etano which I'm thinking of possibly releasing soon.

Thanks. :)

I've only recently started using bootstrap as it was used by default in Open Classifieds which i did a template for and liked the ease of it. Plus it was only a matter of time i guess as it seems more and more people creating sites look for a bootstrap based template.

Look forward to seeing it when you release it :)

It's an excellent choice for complex sites or CMS scripts such as Etano because it has more utilities than most other responsive frameworks, and is also the most popular responsive framework with lots of extras and plugins available. The only drawback is that it can tend to be a tad bloated with a rather strong learning curve which usually equates to more time and work spent in development. If I'm developing a fairly basic HTML business type site for a client I'll often use something more lightweight and simpler such as "Skeleton".

Totally agree. Bootstrap has definitely allowed me bring a whole new level to the UI of my template. I was hesitant to try and do a bootstrap skin but to be honest think i prefer it now and seems pretty easy to mix with Etano. Just need to get a solid base template set up then take it from there.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 06:27:11 AM »
I saw the screenshots , it's really good job , especially the home page  8)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 08:47:59 AM »
I saw the screenshots , it's really good job , especially the home page  8)

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Issues with - Bootstrap Coming! (updated - 05/04/2016)
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:45:35 PM »
I recently bought VIBE Bootstrap Theme through Digital Good Store. But there are several issues.

Some issues i would like to quote here;

1. When a user logged in and if he click the Home Link or the logo or logo text ...then the page wont work.
(Returns 500 Error) Home.php failure.

2. User needs to log 2 times to go inside.

3. if a user try to log through login.php then he can not.  it will redirect to home.php as it has error already... so user cannot login.

Note: Skin regenerated every time when a modification takes place in etano def folder.
          Browser Catch Cleared.
          Cron Works Correctly

There are several other issues. But i will update here one by one.

Responses appreciated.

Thank You

Updated testing:

To Mr. KHDEV  -  We have switched and tested the user login and home.php by renaming the old DEF Backup.  It works well.
                         -  But this VIBE has issues as we reported. Unable to solve  issue. I have regenerated the skin, cleared the catch,
                             and tested properly.

To Mr. Maverick -  In Package Manager of Admin it shows Basic Features (2.30)

Anyway, if this is solved our burden may reduce or else we need to check for some other scripts.

Thank You

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
Re: Issues with - Bootstrap Coming! (updated - 05/04/2016)
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2016, 03:58:39 AM »
I recently bought VIBE Bootstrap Theme through Digital Good Store. But there are several issues.

1. When a user logged in and if he click the Home Link or the logo or logo text ...then the page wont work.

3. if a user try to log through login.php then he can not.  it will redirect to home.php as it has error already... so user cannot login.

Note: Skin regenerated every time when a modification takes place in etano def folder.
          Browser Catch Cleared.
          Cron Works Correctly

Responses appreciated.

Thank You

Hi,

Strange, i can't seem to verify as it works fine for me.

Can you switch your site skins to the default skin and tell me if you are able to login? As i would say something might wrong with the home.php file rather than the skin. Unless you've modified the home skin
file and possibly missed a closing a tag on a widget call or output.
Thanks.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 08:39:18 AM »

Browser Catch Cleared.
          Cron Works Correctly

Responses appreciated.

Thank You

Some of the issues could possibly be caused by compatibility issues. KHDev clearly states that the VibeX template compatibility is for Etano 2.30

Is the Etano version you are using 2.30??

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
To Mr. KHDEV  -  We have switched and tested the user login and home.php by renaming the old DEF Backup.  It works well.
                         -  But this VIBE has issues as we reported. Unable to solve  issue. I have regenerated the skin, cleared the catch,
                             and tested properly.

Anyway, if this is solved our burden may reduce or else we need to check for some other scripts.

Thank You

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 11:29:08 AM »
                             and tested properly.

Thank You

Hi,

Can you email me a copy of your Vibex files ( copy the files from your server so I can check them   )  to khwebdevelopment@gmail.com

(Just to check is there any errors in your error log?)

Thanks

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 08:38:09 PM »
To Mr. KHD

As notified, a copy of vibex files from server had been zipped and sent to the said email address.

Thank You.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »
Update to TEST:

This vibex was installed inside a folder in the root. That is http://www.example.com/etano/  here its installed and not directly in www.example.com .

Thank You

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2016, 09:28:09 PM »
To Mr. KHD

As notified, a copy of vibex files from server had been zipped and sent to the said email address.

Thank You.

Thanks.

I've replied with a fix, The issue is been caused by a missing 'lang' file/directory for the site news widget.

Not sure why its missing since it's included in VibeX so guessing either something glitched during skin regeneration or for some reason that folder didn't get uploaded to your site.

onlineservices

• Veteran Member
Excellant  :D  Now it works well and correct. As said, Those folders are skipped without our knowledge. This is because we unzipped the file to our drive and then uploaded those required DEF folder through FTP. 

But if that DEF folder inside the vibex is zipped (again / separate )  and it will be comfortable for us to upload through ftp as a zipped file and then it will be easy to unzip inside the site. But an additional readme instruction is must for Non-Geeks like me.

Anyway thanks for your efforts.

Thanks to MR. KHDev and Mr. Maverick