Author Topic: 'How you found us' question in signup  (Read 742 times)

sante

'How you found us' question in signup
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:37:14 AM »
Hi All,

I want to add a question within the sign up process to find where people found the site, but wanted to check if anyone else has done something similar before?

The easiest way I can think of is just to have an additional question field that is hidden to other users... But then they will always see their own answer within their profile which is sloppy. I could experiment to trying to add manual code to hide the question in the users profile when the id of that profile field = the id of my 'how did you find us' question. Any other ideas?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: 'How you found us' question in signup
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 08:32:07 AM »
All you need to do is edit the profile field and un-check Editable? and Visible? and check At registration?

- un-checking Editable? will prevent it from being displayed in user's profile manager.

- un-checking Visible? will prevent it from being displayed in user's profile pages.

- checking At registration? will still allow the field to be displayed and filled out when a user joins .

- this field can still be viewed in the admin when the administrator views a member's profile.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

sante

Re: 'How you found us' question in signup
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
That's perfect Maverick! Did not realise it would be so easy - thanks!!