Author Topic: Offline Payment  (Read 1183 times)

thaks

• Confirmed Member
Offline Payment
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:14:00 AM »
Hi,

I would like some support on setting up an offline payment module. Basically what I want is a page when called upon gives the user a set of instruction on how to proceed with the payment including the amount to be paid and below the instructions there is an input box for maybe a receipt no. these is then reflected in the backend for the admin to manual activate the user upon confirmation of the receipt no.

Thanks

tonythomas

• Confirmed Member
Re: Offline Payment
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:01:28 AM »
Looking for the samething .. any help?

thaks

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 06:23:11 AM »
None, so far.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
I can't create you a full-fledged module for offline payments that integrates with the admin backend.

All I can provide is instructions on how you could include an offline payment option that provides the user with manual instructions.

In the skins_site/def/subscriptions.html file you can add the offline option by adding the code shown in red:

<div class="payment_links">
      <ul>
         <li>
         {loop.payment_links}
         </li>
         <li>
         Offline Payments<br />(see below)
         </li>

</ul>

This will still allow you to also include a PayPal payment option as well as an Offline Payment option. If don't want to include online payment options such as PayPal just turn the module off in your Admin "Features and Options" section.

To add offline payment instructions add the following to the bottom of the file and edit to suit:

Code: [Select]
<div style="margin-top: 50px">
<h5>Offline Payment Options and Instructions:</h5>
<br />
<b>1) Send a Cheque or money order made out to:</b>
<br />
My Company Inc.
<br />
P.O. Box 123
<br />
City, State 01211
<br />
Ref: Your Site Account "<b>Username</b>" (this is important so we know which account to upgrade)
<br /><br />

<b>2) Direct deposit into:</b>
<br />
My Company Inc.
<br />
My Bank
<br />
BSB no. 000-000
<br />
Account no. xxxxxx
<br />
Ref: Your Site Account "<b>Username</b>" (this is important so we know which account to upgrade)
<br /><br />
As soon as we receive your payment and it's been confirmed and cleared we will upgrade your account.
</div>

This is the easiest and most commonly used method for accepting offline payments which has been used by sites for years. There's no point in making the process more complicated than need be by asking them to send a payment then return to the payment page to enter some sort of reference, receipt or transaction number of the payment. Since offline payments are a manual process all they need to do is reference their "username" in the payment and when you receive the payment you'll know which account to upgrade.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Omololu

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:21:10 AM »
how can i edit or add to the currency for the subcriptiong from the admin panel?

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.