Author Topic: [Updated] Suggestions For Next Etano Update  (Read 1197 times)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
[Updated] Suggestions For Next Etano Update
« on: August 25, 2014, 01:19:06 PM »
I'm not sure if you're currently working on the next update of this script (if you are then you might have addressed some of these)

(NOTE! I know some of these can be easily added by us but i think they should be included in the default script to make it more complete.)

Modifications To Current Files
I noticed a few pages don’t have their own “left” files, So I think to help fill in the blank areas which look ugly you should consider providing individual Pre-Assigned “Left” files for:
  • Contact Page
  • Plan Comparison Chart
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • Pass Lost
  • Login (Current this page is set as 1 column)
  • Forgot Pass Change

Add X To Comparision Chart
On the membership comparison chart currently a green tick will appear if they'll access to the feature. But if they don't then its just blank so i suggest adding a red x where the feature is not available to that access level.

Quick Search Issue
The Quick Search box appears on “subscriptions.php” but its not configured in the php file so the fields don't show.

Mail Box Improvements
  • Add a "Replied" note/image to messages you have replied to so you know which messages you have replied to.
  • Add message history to bottom of messages rather than using the "quote" method

Banned Member
From what i see when a user is banned when they try to log in they just get a blank screen as if the site is broken, wouldn't it be better to have it load a page set-up for banned members which could explain the the following :
  • Why they banned or just generalize reasons
  • If they can dispute the ban, if so how
  • If they have a recurring payment set-up, they should cancel it via paypal.

NEW CONTENT

Stay Safe (Default Page)
Clearly when operating a dating site people are going to meet so i think a "Stay Safe/Online Safety" page should be included in the default script. Admins would be able to control this via the admin panel.

Status's
I'm not talking like facebook etc, it would be a simple status members could publish which would then be displayed on their profile. When they update it, it replaces the old one (so no status streams etc). So users can share like "Looking for a dinner date", "just met a great guy" etc with people who view their profile. It should also state how long ago the status was published.

Featured Members
Allow members to become a featured member for x amount of days either by payment or by admin selection.
  • Widget - Homepage / Top of searches
Featured members would show up differently in search results, maybe different background or "featured" label.

Member Profile Privacy
Allow members to set their profile to Public or Private

Vacation Setting
Some sort of "Vacation" setting in which instead of closing their account they can take a break and hide their profile/blog/photos from searches/viewing until they next log in and re-activate their account.

More Photo Uploads Settings
Allow different maximum uploads per access level (i.e Free User - 7 / Paid Member - 14)
Allow Limiting of uploads per 24 hours (i.e max 3 uploads per user / per 24 hours)

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: [Updated] Suggestions For Next Etano Update
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
Is anyone working on code mods for things like this?
I like these ideas. :)
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
    • KH Web Development
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 04:43:04 AM »
Is anyone working on code mods for things like this?
I like these ideas. :)

I forgot about this list tbh lol

Having gotten to know etano better than when i originally did this list some would be easier to do as a mod/guide than others.

I know recently i have been thinking more about possible improvements/ rather than new stuff. 1 or 2 ideas from here should be popping up soon.

I might rework some default stuff and submit them to Mav for the default script if he want's them.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 12:12:01 PM »
If you create a stay safe page, I suggest you leave some sort of notification in your instructions that if a website owner lives in the USA, their state might have specific internet dating safety acts or laws that must be followed exactly as indicated. In my state, there is an internet dating safety act that has exact words that have to be placed in specific places on the website. It helps to protect the owner of the site from lawsuits.  :wink:
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.