Author Topic: Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update  (Read 51 times)

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update
« on: January 16, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
It's been a long time coming (i know my bad :P) but we're almost there. Etano V3 is a turning point mainly as extends the lifespan of the script due to been compatible with newer versions of PHP. So, we're now heading into the next stage which is the public testing stage, by "public testing" i mean letting the Etano community test the script and report any issues or bugs. So heres the basics:

When is Etano V3 available for testing?
Expected availability is from 31st January 2020

How can i get a copy of Etano V3 to Test?
To get a copy of Etano V3 simply send me (KHDev) a private a message requesting it and i'll send you the download link once available.

Can i use Etano V3 in production (a live site)?
At this stage i recommend you test it privately (with a select number of people if you wish). Until this stage of testing is complete and the new version is declared stable and officially released its best to avoid using it on a live site. I don't want you exposing any issues or bugs to a larger audience.

Github Plans
I was planning on doing the testing phase via Github but that has been put on hold for the minute. Github can be abit daunting for newbies so i'll leave it until its released. Instead it will be handled privately by Private Message on the forum. 

What will be expected of Testers?
  • Install the script either in an online or offline environment (ideally online)
  • Test the script both as a member and as an admin
  • Report any issues or bugs to me (KHDev) via Private Message.

NOTE! Testing will be completely voluntary and you are free to abandon testing at any stage. You are not forced or in any way committed to providing feedback or bug reports.

IMPORTANT NOTES
1) Only the core script will be available during the testing stage (so no payment gateways or addons)
2) I (KHDev) will be leading the testing stage so any questions, bug reports ect.. should be sent to me (KHDev)

Any other questions about this phase then ask below or via PM.

Cheers
KHDev

skipper

Re: Etano V3 - Tester Phase Update
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 12:04:27 PM »
A few questions so we can get prepared for the testing. I'm happy to see it coming soon and ready to help with the testing.

1. What are the server requirements going to be for the new script.

2. What php version will the script be able to handle since is goes up to 7.4 now.

3. Will the new script be responsive and come with a responsive skin, or will we have to use one of our skins we purchased for the earlier version of Etano, as i have one your skins, Vibex, and if so will these older skins work properly.

4. What type database will be best to use and requirements.

pourkoipas78

• Prime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:25:08 AM »
Hi  :)

Great, thank you very much for everything you do!

I want to test the beta version online on php7.

I will send you a private message

Thanks

KHDev

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • Etano Contributor (Skins & Mods)
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:46:02 AM »
A few questions so we can get prepared for the testing. I'm happy to see it coming soon and ready to help with the testing.

1. What are the server requirements going to be for the new script.
As it stands server requirements remain the same as the current version with the exception of php version and PDO Support for DB

2. What php version will the script be able to handle since is goes up to 7.4 now.
I will be running checks on compatibility during the test phase but for testers i'd recommend PHP 7.1

3. Will the new script be responsive and come with a responsive skin, or will we have to use one of our skins we purchased for the earlier version of Etano, as i have one your skins, Vibex, and if so will these older skins work properly.
Front-end - Responsive
Back-end  - Partial Responsive (Some elements suit tables but this could change before stable release)

As for previous skins they won't be compatible.

4. What type database will be best to use and requirements.

MySQL with PDO Driver (pretty standard with hosts now) - MariaDB should be fine (i use this)