Author Topic: Datemill/Etano Under New Management  (Read 9775 times)

admin2

Datemill/Etano Under New Management
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
Hi guys,

I think it's time to close down datemill.com and this forum. As of now, registration on the forum is closed, no new members can join.
Existing members should be able to keep using the forum until I take it offline - about 1 more month or so.

It's been a fun and interesting ride but I moved on to other projects and now Etano is quite deprecated and unmaintained.
You'll still be able to download Etano from google code but the forum and datemill site will be taken down.

Hope to do business with you guys again - I'll make sure to notify you if I get into the dating business again :)

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: Datemill/Etano Under New Management
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
Dan has kindly offered that I take over, which I've accepted and I will be taking over hosting the forums as well as managing the Etano project and downloads, etc.

UPDATE:
Version 1.23 has been released, details can found in the Announcements section of the forums:
http://forum.datemill.com/index.php?topic=3805.0

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »
I'll be taking over hosting the forums as well as managing the downloads for the Etano project.

Congratulations Maverick! I think you're the right man for the job.  :)
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 04:15:14 PM »
Yes I agree totally, Good choice Dan!!
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

admin2

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 04:38:05 AM »
It wasn't the plan at first but a lot of people offered to help - with hosting, with taking over the forum and Etano maintenance, etc - and this got me thinking of who would be best for this. Fortunately, Maverick accepted to take over and keep things alive and I really can't think of anyone better for the job. To everyone who offered to help: a big thank you!

We're in the process of moving things on his servers, it won't take much longer now. He already prepared version 1.23 of Etano, things are looking good.

To those who expressed concerns: Etano will still be open source and this forum will keep working, with all its archive and posts intact.
It's just that the new maintainer will be Maverick from now on, not me.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:45 AM »
He already prepared version 1.23 of Etano, things are looking good.

Great! I'm looking forward to see what's new in this update.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
Version 1.23 will primarily include the fixes and updates that are available from my site on the "Fixes and Issues" page, as well as some of the mods/addons from my "Free Stuff" page. Once 1.23 has been released these pages will be updated and show which components have been included in 1.23

The datemill site will also have a face lift with an objective of making it a bit more user friendly for new users to locate access to downloads and documentation, etc.

The downloads for Etano will also be moved from the present "Google Code Project" site. Because of recent changes by Google it's just no longer a viable solution for the Etano project.

UPDATE:
Version 1.23 has been released, details can found in the Announcements section of the forums:
http://forum.datemill.com/index.php?topic=3805.0

DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

HyerGrnd

• ChosenWebHost.com
    • Chosen Web Host
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
Version 1.23 will primarily include the fixes and updates that are available from my site on the "Fixes and Issues" page, as well as some of the mods/addons from my "Free Stuff" page. Once 1.23 has been released these pages will be updated and show which components have been included in 1.23

The datemill site will also have a face lift with an objective of making it a bit more user friendly for new users to locate access to downloads and documentation, etc.

The downloads for Etano will also be moved from the present "Google Code Project" site. Because of recent changes by Google it's just no longer a viable solution for the Etano project.

Good idea. I recently began working on installing etano on cPanel because  in the past I only installed it on Plesk. But I simply removed the php_flag lines and the installer came up. I would also have to install PHP GD2 graphic library support for etano to work on that platform so I may do that in case I get customers who specifically want to run etano with cPanel. I haven't had a lot of time to work with it in the past but since I have discontinued some of my domains I have more time available so I will be interested in the updates you are doing with this.
Host with the best http://www.ChosenWebHost.com We operate out of a world class data center.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 04:19:39 PM »
I see that we now have forum titles with a variety of colors under our names.  :)
Johnboy, Congrats at becoming a global moderator and veteran member!  :D

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 06:35:23 PM »
Thanks Marble....and congratulations to you becoming a global moderator and veteran member.
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

LLVeroci

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 08:48:38 AM »
Sorry to hear that :(
But, i wish you good luck and thanks for the experience.

One question.
So, that's why the processors/login.php (for e.g.) don't work?

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that :(
But, i wish you good luck and thanks for the experience.

One question.
So, that's why the processors/login.php (for e.g.) don't work?

The decisions made by the previous forum administrator have no effect on processors/login.php. It must be some other issue in your site.

LLVeroci

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 07:07:50 AM »
I don't know.

I put them into the www lib, after gave the details (database name, user, etc) and on step 3, just a blank page doing nothing.

On an earlier version, it can't bring up the index.php, just a blank page.

Did nothing to it just changing  the html files into another language.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »
If you're running into issues trying to install version 1.22 where you can't get passed Step 2 and you're getting stuck at Step 3 - this is where it's supposed to populate your database but instead it just hangs, or you get a blank page, or an error.

PROBLEM:
As of MYSQL version 5.5 TYPE=MyISAM has been depreciated, therefore all instances of TYPE=MyISAM need to be changed to ENGINE=MyISAM in the installer's db.SQL file.

In version 1.23 the SQL database has been updated from the depreciated TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM.

Before the release of version 1.23 the updated database was available on my site's fixes and issues page.

clive

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 12:40:02 PM »
Just a quick note to say thank you to both Dan and to Maverick for all their time and hard work.

All the best.
regards
Clive