Author Topic: "Email queued for delivery"  (Read 1705 times)

johnnybegoode

"Email queued for delivery"
« on: October 05, 2013, 04:23:28 AM »

I tried to send emails to members, but I always receive "Email queued for delivery"
but they were never sent.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: "Email queued for delivery"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 06:07:11 AM »
If what you're attempting to do is sending mass or bulk emails such as a newsletter to all of your members, the problem is mostly likely with your server as hosts put restrictions on how many emails can be sent per hour and per day.

It's really not a good idea to send bulk mass emails or newsletters to your members directly from your site or server. With all the anti-spam regulations and restrictions these days it's a sure way of getting your domain added to blacklists for spamming, and possibly even getting your site shutdown by your host.

Most hosts these days put restrictions on their email systems which limits the number of emails that can be sent. You probably won’t even know when you've reached the limit, your emails simply won’t go through.

Many sites use a mail service such as mailchimp.com for sending out bulk emails or newsletters.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

johnnybegoode

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 06:14:57 AM »
Thanks! This is super helpful !!!!!

johnnybegoode

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 06:12:34 PM »
How to download all the emails from etano and add them to MailChimp?

1) How to download all the emails from etano
2) Do I have to add each and every email one at a time on MailChimp?
3) Can I download the name and emails and dump them onto MailChip?

Thanks!!!

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 11:46:37 PM »
Unfortunately I can't offer too much help as I don't use mailchimp. I haven't managed a subscriber list or sent newsletters for many years as I found that it eventually became more trouble than it was worth.

You can start by reading their tutorial on how to import lists.
http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/how-do-i-create-and-import-my-list/

In phpmyadmin you can export your member's account info as a CSV file which includes their username and email address.

The table you export as a CSV file is "dsb_user_accounts". After downloading the CSV file you will need to remove all the columns except for the username and email columns. If you search the web there are free CSV editors available.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

mK

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 02:29:27 AM »

I tried to send emails to members, but I always receive "Email queued for delivery"
but they were never sent.

If you're going to try and run a dating site, you need to get a dedicated server.  Shared hosting won't cut it.

Put it this way, it takes money to make money.  Shared servers are weak.  Just wait until that one person uses an outdated bulletin board script on his part of the shared server and it gets hacked and the entire server gets wiped out.  Or better yet, the guy who uses the script that hogs the entire server resources so everyone elses website runs slow.

Learn the difference between shared hosting and dedicated hosting and maybe a little on starting an online business.

Hope that helps.