Author Topic: Found a broken link in admin control panel and fixed it  (Read 1339 times)

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Found a broken link in admin control panel and fixed it
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:09:08 AM »
I found a broken link in the admin control panel and then fixed it. I thought I'd share it in here for other people to fix theirs.

When you view a member's profile and then click the link for Read Mail.
After you open the user's mail you will see stats like this at the top left:
Message from: username
Sent on: 08/27/2013 09:16 PM
Subject: subject text written here

When I originally clicked on the username link where it says Message from, I received an error saying: No User Selected.

I then went to admin/skin/user_message_read.html and changed this code:
<p id="from"><label>Message from:</label>
   <span><!--opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--><a href="profile.php?uid={output.other_id}"><!--/opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"-->{output._user_other}<!--opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--></a><!--/opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--></span>
</p>

to this code:
<p id="from"><label>Message from:</label>
   <span><!--opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--><a href="profile.php?uid={output.fk_user_id_other}"><!--/opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"-->{output._user_other}<!--opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--></a><!--/opt name="output.fk_user_id_other"--></span>
</p>

This resolved the problem where I can now click on the username link and I'm taken to that user's profile.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.