Author Topic: freichat integration script god  (Read 15289 times)

spartacvs1

Integration not work !!!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
Hello World,
I tried to integrate "this chat" to the etano script and, based on methods they and you gave here, the chat don't word.
What don't work exactly?
- The chat interface appears normally, but none user in online(I used two fake members to test, ...nothing ok). The interface stack on "connecting to the database or getting online users...something like that.
- May be it is because I use the last version of Freichat (V 9.0] but I tried also with the V 8.X and the problem remain the same.

Actually, I am working for hours to create my own whith Ajax which will fully use the database credentials and sessions to list online members.

Despite of my little knowledge on Ajax technology, I have done good work for now, but things aren't finished... I stay blocked on how to allow/create a one to one chat (with capabilities on how to receive, reduce small private chat windows.

I will arrive  :D

For now, do you know what happen with this Freichat ? anyone successed his integration ?

Waintings ...

csibusz

• Prime Member
Re: freichat integration script god
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 02:42:57 AM »
My site http://www.love-of-my-life.co.uk/ Etano system integrated freichat

Nash77

• Prime Member
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 04:05:37 AM »
Hello with regards to Freichat, codelogic knows there are bugs with the chat feature after version 8.6.1 they have said they will fix these issue with there next release, but now they have released the latest version with video functionailty I believe they are just concentrating on that.

So unfortunately the chat doesn't work with alot of the new versions.

You can get a copy of version 8.6 here http://www.croydon-computers.co.uk/FreiChat.V.8.6.zip

Any problems let me know.

spartacvs1

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 05:28:04 AM »
Hello with regards to Freichat, codelogic knows there are bugs with the chat feature after version 8.6.1 they have said they will fix these issue with there next release, but now they have released the latest version with video functionailty I believe they are just concentrating on that.

So unfortunately the chat doesn't work with alot of the new versions.

You can get a copy of version 8.6 here http://www.croydon-computers.co.uk/FreiChat.V.8.6.zip

Any problems let me know.

Thank you for the help.
Now everithing is ok (+1 applause  ;) ).
Also, (i know it isn't the subjetc), I 'm frenchman and I would like to know if my english expression is... average or understandable :) (As I know some users here make critics on others one about their english expression quality)

Nash77

• Prime Member
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 05:38:41 AM »
Your English is very good, and if anyone criticises you about it then ask how many languages they can speak.

So don't worry about your English it is very good.

Robert

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2014, 11:50:22 AM »
Hello Nash77,
     I have been trying to get a chat box to work on my site with no luck and I do not know html or any other code very well Not well enough to put a chat box or video in. Could you help me with it?

Robert Brown

acei7una

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
I'm trying to isntall the 9.6 version. But I can not make it work. Do I need to install an older version?

thanks.

EDIT:
I just did it. It works now. It states "getting list of online users" but it seems that I just need to google a little.
I didnt use the custom isntallation. I used Etano instalation and it didn't work. Now Im using custom install and follow your instructions and its running.

Is there any chance to modify acces level so free members can not use the freichat?

Thanks!!

EDIT 2:
I am not getting the "getting list of online users" message annymore. Now it works properly.
If someone is having the same problem. I jsut used the older version 8.6 and changed the "$usertable" from
$usertable='dating_user_accounts'
to
$usertable='dsb_user_accounts
like it states in my database. And now it works :)

In the post I read that you need to enter this in hardcode.php instead
$usertable='dating_user_accounts'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='user'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='user_id';
But this didnt work for me.

acei7una

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »
Now that I had to start everything from zero. ( And making a backup this time) I decided to put freichat in a custom page called "chatroom1.php" and instead of copy-paste the freichat code to frame.php I pasted it into chatroom1.php so do I have to modify something else ?
When I change
Code: [Select]
$ses=null;
to

if(isset($_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id'])==true) {$ses=$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']; } else {$ses=0;}
then the chat dissapears. In the admin I tried to changing to "disable to guest: no" and other option that could be the problem but it doesn't works now. It happens when I change that code. But if I don't change it I wont be able to disable it for guests.

My hardcode.php
$usertable='dsb_user_accounts'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='user'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='user_id';

and my chatroom1.php code
                    <!--===========================FreiChat=======START=========================-->
<!-- For uninstalling ME , first remove/comment all FreiChat related code i.e below code
Then remove FreiChat tables frei_session & frei_chat if necessary
         The best/recommended way is using the module for installation                         -->

<?php

if(isset($_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id'])==true) {$ses=$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']; } else {$ses=0;}

if(!
function_exists("freichatx_get_hash")){
function 
freichatx_get_hash($ses){

if(
is_file("/home/mysite/public_html/freichat/hardcode.php")){

require 
"/home/mysite/public_html/freichat/hardcode.php";

$temp_id =  $ses $uid;

return 
md5($temp_id);

}
       else
       {
               echo 
"<script>alert('module freichatx says: hardcode.php file not
found!');</script>"
;
       }

return 
0;
}
}
?>

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascipt"src="http://www.mysite.com/freichat/client/main.php?id=<?php echo $ses;?>&xhash=<?php echo freichatx_get_hash($ses); ?>"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.mysite.com/freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php" type="text/css">
<!--===========================FreiChatX=======END=========================--> 

PS: where it states "mysite" I did that change to hide my web. I'm not planning to make it public yet.

Regards.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2015, 02:23:57 PM »
I've just installed Freichat Corporate Version, after some trial and error it's working but not as it should do. Only paid members should use the chat, absolutely no guests and no free member.

Anyone here who has installed Freichat and only paid members will get access to the chat?

Just need solution which code in which file need to be changed.

Etenity63

• Prime Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 08:11:31 AM »
I deleted my post because I also deleted freichat. I will switch to my first idea with cometchat

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 06:14:11 PM »
I've just installed Freichat Corporate Version, after some trial and error it's working but not as it should do. Only paid members should use the chat, absolutely no guests and no free member.

Anyone here who has installed Freichat and only paid members will get access to the chat?

Just need solution which code in which file need to be changed.

I haven't installed this chat script. However, you can add this code to any php file for a page that only allows paid members to access the page.
check_login_member('paid');
This code is usually placed under the code that says:
require 'includes/common.inc.php';
require _BASEPATH_.'/includes/user_functions.inc.php';

you can read more about this at yoursite.com/admin/access_levels.php
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

Hornyflings

• Prime Member
    • AsiasHeart
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 05:58:19 AM »
Hi Marble, thanks for your advice:

I haven't installed this chat script. However, you can add this code to any php file for a page that only allows paid members to access the page.

check_login_member('paid');

This code is usually placed under the code that says:

require 'includes/common.inc.php';
require _BASEPATH_.'/includes/user_functions.inc.php';

you can read more about this at yoursite.com/admin/access_levels.php

Your solution works very well with with every etano page/feature to be defined in access levels.

However the solution mentioned above will not work with freichat which need to be modificated in the specified driver file which will cause that private chat will only work with paid members.

I deleted my post because I also deleted freichat. I will switch to my first idea with cometchat

That's right, cometchat is probably the better chat solution.