Author Topic: freichat integration script god  (Read 15493 times)

csibusz

• Prime Member
Re: freichat integration script god
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »
localhost is going smoothly just put it in a frame with php as I wrote, no chat.php

AF

• Prime Member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
I think in most cases the $usertable= should actually be $usertable='user_accounts' not $usertable='dating_user_accounts'

$usertable='user_accounts'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='user'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='user_id';

NOT:

$usertable='dating_user_accounts'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='user'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='user_id';

and make sure you're replacing:
$ses=null;

with:
if(isset($_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id'])==true) {$ses=$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']; } else {$ses=0;}

Mine is working fine with xampp... so far!

csibusz

• Prime Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »
or because you can not go for css jquery conflict

who did not go to check these

Nash77

• Prime Member
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
Live site and 10 other peoples site working well with chat.php,  but either works well, I just like to separate the code for easy de-bugging.

with regards to

I think in most cases the $usertable= should actually be $usertable='user_accounts' not $usertable='dating_user_accounts'

dating should either be replace with the database prefix or left as user_accounts if the prefix is included in hardcode.php under $db_prefix='';

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 02:15:37 AM »
Nash77 managed to get my chat working. After using it, I decided to hide it for now while I test it out. It resides inside chat.php for the time being until I'm ready to expose my members to it.

Karma is going out to you. Thanks again for your help. :)
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

AF

• Prime Member
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 07:14:45 PM »
I see at least two main problems here.

1. You cant display links to user profiles
2. You cant set the chat to show 'Only your buddies'

The problem is that if you have EVERYONE showing in the online chat, then I can see that woman members are going to be harassed by every guy online.
Does anyone know the code to resolve this??

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
Having only those that you are "Friends" with show up in the chat will also help lighten the load on your server, which can be crucial if you have a real busy site. I know CometChat has this feature.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

AF

• Prime Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
Having only those that you are "Friends" with show up in the chat will also help lighten the load on your server, which can be crucial if you have a real busy site. I know CometChat has this feature.

Yea my thoughts exactly. There is the option to select "show only buddies" within the admin panel.. but there needs to be some code mod to make it work. Otherwise If we cant get this working I think it's a waste of time using it, mainly because of the excessive load it will cause on the server.

csibusz

• Prime Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 12:00:55 AM »
goes perfectly this chat, it is not an adventure-friendly features it to be inserted :D ("FRIENDS")

multiplied by the cometchat in Newark

freichat : $35 USD <---> memcache integration

cometchat: $499   <--->  no memcache integration  LOL  :D

he had to force herself to take 1-2 days and the Friday chat and can be constructed all over the cometchat   :D

COMETCHAT :

1) Input passed via the "id" GET parameter to plugins/handwrite/index.php (when "basedata" is set to "null" and "embed" is set to "web") is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in the context of an affected site. 2) Input passed via the "action" GET parameter to modules/chatrooms/chatrooms.php is not properly sanitised before being passed to the "call_user_func()" function. This can be exploited to e.g. disclose certain system information by invoking the "phpinfo()" method.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 03:38:41 AM »
has anyone in here asked the codologic developers to assist with integrating the "only your buddies" with etano's friends list?

I might actually give up on FreiChat. The reason is that it doesn't show up on any of the browsers on my Mac. It doesn't show up on my PC Firefox, Opera, or IE browsers, but only shows up on Chrome. I'm mobile sometimes and I like to travel with my MacBook Pro. Why have a chat app that doesn't work on it? I have a friend with the Droid OS on his phone. Even this friend can't find the FreiChat with his phone's browser.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »
Those CometChat vulnerabilities were patched back in February.
http://www.cometchat.com/blog/cometchat-critical-security-update
http://www.securelist.com/en/advisories/52182

I think freichat and cometchat can both be viable chat options, all depends on your needs and what features you want from a chat solution.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 04:01:47 AM »
goes perfectly this chat, it is not an adventure-friendly features it to be inserted :D ("FRIENDS")

multiplied by the cometchat in Newark

freichat : $35 USD <---> memcache integration

cometchat: $499   <--->  no memcache integration  LOL  :D

he had to force herself to take 1-2 days and the Friday chat and can be constructed all over the cometchat   :D

COMETCHAT :

1) Input passed via the "id" GET parameter to plugins/handwrite/index.php (when "basedata" is set to "null" and "embed" is set to "web") is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user. This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in the context of an affected site. 2) Input passed via the "action" GET parameter to modules/chatrooms/chatrooms.php is not properly sanitised before being passed to the "call_user_func()" function. This can be exploited to e.g. disclose certain system information by invoking the "phpinfo()" method.

csibusz I am sure you have some great ideas and mean well, but it is so hard to undersatnd your posts. Is there any way you can improve your English, so we can understand where you are coming from. I don't mean to be rude, I am just stating a fact.
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2013, 04:35:20 AM »
Is there any way you can improve your English, so we can understand where you are coming from.

If I were him, I might ask you to learn Hungarian and become his translator.  ;)

Johnboy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 05:51:01 AM »
I wasn't talking to you Marble you self righteous tosspot, I am was just stating a fact that I am sure most members have trouble understanding some of csibusz's posts. As I said, I am sure he means well and has some good ideas, but blowed if I can understand what he is trying to say. I am sure I am not the only one who has trouble figuring some of csibusz's posts.

For the benefit of the forums I am sure most members would prefer we all spoke in English as it IS the most used language on the internet, and obviously csibusz is not as fluent, but tries his hardest, which I admire, but there are translation programs on the internet that can help csibusz, which would in turn benefit all of us.

Marble you need to look at some of the comments you make(and then delete when the heat is on, yea they still showup in sharkthis's posts as quotes) before you get so self righeous about other members who are just being straight up and honest, (even though it might not be politically correct). You appear to like to throw cheap shots in to make yourself  look like an angel. Why is that? Are you so insecure in yourself? Other than that you have contributed well in these forums, and do honestly make a genuine effort.  Surely you know throwing out a comment like that will cause aggro, it's not the 1st time you have done it. Yet you state in one of your posts about being upset about going away from the forums, then coming and seeing all this aggro. I bite my tongue, I could say alot more.

Sometimes in forums people misinterrupt what is actually really meant and I meant no malice to csibusz I was just stating a fact. Hey csibusz you are doing a great job, keep up the good work, maybe look into some sort of translation program which will help improve your english as we would love to understand you more.
I LOVE these forums!!! So helpful...

csibusz

• Prime Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 04:13:43 AM »
I'm using google translator accurately  :D