Author Topic: Code for adding Friendship Request counter and different layout "Home"  (Read 2485 times)

Jeroen

In the thread "Code for receiving message when someone else accepts your friend request" Utah proposed the following:

To do this, you can make the following changes:

In home.php replace the following:

Code: [Select]
$my_stats=get_user_stats($_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id'],array('total_photos','pviews','num_friends'));
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_inbox` WHERE `fk_user_id`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."' AND `del`=0";
if (!($res=@mysql_query($query))) {trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);}
$my_stats['total_messages']=mysql_result($res,0,0);
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_inbox` WHERE `is_read`=0 AND `fk_user_id`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."' AND `del`=0";
$my_stats['new_messages']=mysql_result($res,0,0);

$tpl->set_file('content','home.html');
$tpl->set_var('output',$output);
$tpl->set_var('my_stats',$my_stats);
$tpl->process('content','content');

with

$my_stats=get_user_stats($_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id'],array('total_photos','pviews','num_friends'));
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_inbox` WHERE `fk_user_id`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."' AND `del`=0";
$my_stats['total_messages']=mysql_result($res,0,0);
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_inbox` WHERE `is_read`=0 AND `fk_user_id`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."' AND `del`=0";
$my_stats['new_messages']=mysql_result($res,0,0);
// BEGIN Set Friendship Request counter
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_networks` WHERE `fk_user_id_other`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."'  AND `fk_net_id`=1 AND `nconn_status` = 0";
$my_stats['friendship_requests']=mysql_result($res,0,0);
// END

$tpl->set_file('content','home.html');
$tpl->set_var('output',$output);
$tpl->set_var('my_stats',$my_stats);
$tpl->process('content','content');

and in skins_site/dev/home.html

replace:

<ul id="stats">
<li>Hi <strong>{tplvars.myself.user}</strong></li>
<li id="messages"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}mailbox.php">Messages</a>: {my_stats.total_messages} ({my_stats.new_messages} new)</li>
<li id="photos"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}my_photos.php">Approved Photos</a>: {my_stats.total_photos}</li>
<li id="friends"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}my_networks.php">Friends</a>: {my_stats.num_friends}</li>
<li id="pviews">Your profile has been viewed {my_stats.pviews} times since {output.date_added}</li>
<li id="membership">Your Membership: {output.m_name}</li>
<li id="paid_until">Membership Expires: {output.paid_until}. <a class="content-link simple" href="subscriptions.php" title="Update membership">Update or renew</a> your membership now!</li>
</ul>

<div id="s">
<a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}friendship_requests.php">Friendship Requests</a>
</div>

with

<ul id="stats">
<li>Hi <strong>{tplvars.myself.user}</strong></li>
<li id="messages"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}mailbox.php">Messages</a>: {my_stats.total_messages} ({my_stats.new_messages} new)</li>
<li id="photos"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}my_photos.php">Approved Photos</a>: {my_stats.total_photos}</li>
<li id="friends"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}my_networks.php">Friends</a>: {my_stats.num_friends}</li>
<li id="friendshiprequests"><a class="content-link simple" href="{tplvars.relative_url}friendship_requests.php">Friendship Requests</a>: {my_stats.friendship_requests}</li>
</ul>

<div id="s">
<ul id="statsbottom">
<li id="pviews">Your profile has been viewed {my_stats.pviews} times since {output.date_added}</li>
<li id="membership">Your Membership: {output.m_name}</li>
<li id="paid_until">Membership Expires: {output.paid_until}. <a class="content-link simple" href="subscriptions.php" title="Update membership">Update or renew</a> your membership now!</li>
</ul>
</div>

This worked for me. If you want to apply this, please do so first in a development environment, and test it through, so that you are sure for yourself that it works.

I had a lot of troubles because of the single quotes in the database query. So if the counter doesn´t show the right number, try to change the single quotes in:

// BEGIN Set Friendship Request counter
$query="SELECT count(*) FROM `{$dbtable_prefix}user_networks` WHERE `fk_user_id_other`='".$_SESSION[_LICENSE_KEY_]['user']['user_id']."'  AND `fk_net_id`=1 AND `nconn_status` = 0";
$my_stats['friendship_requests']=mysql_result($res,0,0);
// END

For me the single quotes work in the code above.

Greets!

utah

• Prime Member
Hi

I tried your code and it's working!  Great work, thanks!

sharkthis

Yes works great thanks sharkthis.com

AngryPanda

Great job with the mysql Friendship Request count query Jeroen! I couldn't work out why the query I had wasn't working. Would've taken me a while to work out that it came down to the singles quotes.

Thanks for posting a solution.