Author Topic: Cleaned up blogs layout  (Read 2129 times)

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Cleaned up blogs layout
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:03:32 AM »
Since I like it when everyone shares their simple code modifications for Etano without selling the script changes to each other, here's another one of my inputs for the community. I see this as a form of education with each other in an open forum.

The blog lists format looked a little messy. So I cleaned this up under blog_search.html and blog_search.css by making these modifications.

In blog_search.css, I added this code:
Code: [Select]
/* blogs list */

.justified  {
margin: 5px 0 0 110px;
}

In search_blog.html at line 6, I placed this css label and then closed the <div> layer after the Read More hyperlink.
Code: [Select]
<div class="justified">
<a class="content-link blog-title" href="{tplvars.relative_url}blog_post_view.php?pid={loop.post_id}" title="{loop.title_clean}">{loop.title}</a>
<div><strong>Posted on {loop.date_posted} by <!--opt name="loop.fk_user_id"--><a class="content-link member_link" href="{tplvars.relative_url}profile.php?uid={loop.fk_user_id}" title="{loop.user} {loop.user_online_status}"><!--/opt name="loop.fk_user_id"-->{loop.user}<!--opt name="loop.fk_user_id"--></a><!--/opt name="loop.fk_user_id"--></strong></div>
<p>{loop.post_content} ...
<br /><a class="content-link read-more" href="{tplvars.relative_url}blog_post_view.php?pid={loop.post_id}" title="Read more">Read more</a>
</p>
</div>
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Cleaned up blogs layout
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
I made this change because I added the latest blogs to my home page with the total setting at 1. And in skins_site/widgets/blogs/display.html, I changed "thumb1" to "thumb0", thereby reducing the image thumbnail size that is set up in my content.css file having a width and height at 60px. I am not using the widget anywhere else, so making this change wasn't a problem.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

elna

• Prime Member
Re: Cleaned up blogs layout
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
Thanks, Marble! That a very good way to help us. I will try it. I think it will look great.
regards
natasha..