Author Topic: "Return to your photos" link not working in Photo Settings  (Read 1314 times)

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
"Return to your photos" link not working in Photo Settings
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:57:16 AM »
After uploading a photo, I landed on the Photo Settings page. I clicked on the "Return to your photos" link at the bottom left corner and nothing happened.
Where should the link be directed to and in which file should I look for this?
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

maverick

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • Maverick Webworks
Re: "Return to your photos" link not working in Photo Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 04:15:46 AM »
That link only works when editing photos and returns you to your photo gallery.

The setting page is technically the same page (photo_settings.php) whether uploading or editing photos. The difference is that when uploading the return link becomes redundant because you're saving a newly uploaded photo. When editing a photo clicking the return link takes you back to the gallery if you decide you don't want to make any changes. Why it's like that I have no idea.

In any case if it bothers you being like that here's a fix for it.

In your photo_settings.html file locate the following line of code at the bottom file:
Code: [Select]
<a class="content-link link_previous" href="{tplvars.relative_url}{output.return2}">Return to your photos</a>and replace it with this:
Code: [Select]
<a class="content-link link_previous" href="{tplvars.relative_url}my_photos.php">Return to my photo gallery</a>
When uploading photos the return link will basically act the same as if you clicked the "save" button, it still saves the photo but takes you to your photo gallery instead of doing nothing.

Fusion Responsive Template & Free Mods
http://www.maverickwebworks.com
DO NOT PM me asking for personal help. Post your problem or request in the forums so the entire community can contribute and benefit.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: "Return to your photos" link not working in Photo Settings
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 04:26:53 AM »
Thanks for the clarification  :)
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.