Author Topic: Free for women  (Read 8691 times)

spicypixel

• Confirmed Member
Re: Free for women
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 08:57:55 PM »
I have just posted a solution which involves changing one of the core files but it does allow women to have a paid subscription on signup  ;)

It can be found here

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »
Well what do you know! Thanks spicypixel, I tried it out on my non-published site and it works perfectly. I think it's an excellent solution.

-------------------------edited-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But then I went back and tested it again with a male and it came up as paid.

can that entire code be duplicated while changing
Code: [Select]
if ($row['f1'] ='2')
to
if ($row['f1'] ='1')
or will the duplication cause a problem?

Did you test it on a male to see if it really does come up as a free member?
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

spicypixel

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 05:02:20 AM »
Well what do you know! Thanks spicypixel, I tried it out on my non-published site and it works perfectly. I think it's an excellent solution.

-------------------------edited-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But then I went back and tested it again with a male and it came up as paid.

can that entire code be duplicated while changing
if ($row['f1'] ='2')
to
if ($row['f1'] ='1')
or will the duplication cause a problem?

Did you test it on a male to see if it really does come up as a free member?

I didn't test for the male, bit silly really, not long woke up, lemme look again :-)
use...
if ($row['f1'] == '2')that should be ok, not tested and just woke up lol, but I've not used PHP for a while now.

using = means everyone that registered was automatically assigned to female and thus given paid subscription, whereas == checks if it equals '2' female, like I say schoolboy error really but I've been coding in other languages the last year :D.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 01:43:25 PM »
great thanks!
I tested this out and it works like a charm. Tested it for both Female and Male memberships.
Thanks for the explanation between = and ==.
If you see that I'm logged in forever... it just means I turned the page on my browser and forgot to logout.

summitwide

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »
I came across this topic and wanted to ask, will this not open the site up to SPAMMER since once they initially register, they would have access to posting items such as blogs and messaging other pretty much immediately?

Especially based on information provided in the following post:
http://forum.datemill.com/general/spam-bot-issues-3466.0.html

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 06:38:56 PM »
summitwide. you are correct. it does create a problem with spammers. so it's not advisable.

summitwide

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 07:36:44 PM »
Thanks Marble. I thought it might be an issue.

My solution is to give them (women) paid membership for a very reduced rate instead of free.

Marble

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
Thanks Marble. I thought it might be an issue.

My solution is to give them (women) paid membership for a very reduced rate instead of free.

summitwide, did you set it up so that only women get a reduced rate and not men? If so, then how did you do it?

nikkdobson

• Confirmed Member
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 05:43:06 AM »
I'm not sure id this has been solved but when I tried and it was setup as 2 page registration it failed but when I made it a 1 page registration it worked perfectly. I would however of been better if there it worked as a 2 page registration.